Mobile Hotspot Problem, No Local Access?
mbrinkho

Having a problem with the mobile hotspot feature on my X2. I can get data over 3G on the phone until I enable it but after that it's like the Droid has no internet connection. Devices that are connected via the mobile hotspot seem to be accessing the Internet just fine.

When MHS is enabled:

Cannot download updates from Android Market. Update starts then shows orange triangle in notification bar, pull down to notifications shows status message with the name of the app, touching the status returns to Market.

Mint app gives error message "No connection detected. Please check your settings and try again."

eBay app gives error message "No network found. Please retry or check your network settings." Does work sometimes, not usually from "home" screen of app though.

Disable MHS and then all apps work normally.

I only have one device connected to the MHS (an AT&T iPhone.)  I've tried turning the hotspot off and on, airplane mode, rebooting... So far it happens every time.

I'm out of ideas, any help would be most appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot Problem, No Local Access?
budone
Legend

Has it always acted this way?

0 Likes
mbrinkho

Yes.  I have also tried resetting the phone and that didn't help.

0 Likes
mbrinkho

Been doing some experimenting and it seems that there are some apps that DO work when my Droid X2 is in Mobile Hotspot mode.

Google Maps works, downloads satellite/aerial imagery OK

Web Browser works

Gmail works

Dropbox works

Fing works (did a couple of tracert with it)

I also found a couple of apps that do not work:

Google Voice says "Network Error"

Soho Invoice says "There is no network connectivity"

It's like some of the apps just don't know that they are connected.  I am running Android 2.3.4 if this makes any difference.

0 Likes