Mixed up text messages??
baullz
Enthusiast - Level 2

A lot of times when I send a longer text message it will get mixed up.  The first half usually is what I just wrote but then it will just take part of a random usually really old deleted text message and throw the bottom half of that old text message in place of the second half of my new message.

I just recently upgraded to a droid 4 from a droid 2 hoping maybe this would solve the issue but it does it just as much with the droid 4 as it did with the droid 2. 

Why do my longer text messages keep getting mixed up with older deleted text messages??

Thanks for the replies.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Mixed up text messages??
baullz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any ideas out there?

0 Likes
TenaB

It's happening to me too. And I am not amused. I don't know how long this has been going on, but it's messed friendships and business associates before I figured out what was wrong. Here's what I found out:

Happens when both people use verizon. Usually one person is in a different state. Most times the message being inserted has already been deleted.

This needs to be fixed! I think Verizon can afford to fix this bug.

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

If it's an android phone try resetting the text app.  Settings/apps/manage apps.  At the top select all.  Scroll down and find text messaging or messaging and open it.  If clear data is an option press that and then force close(it won't delete anything).  If force stop is the only option then just press that and test it out.  Another thing to check is to make sure the text is going to the 10 digit mobile #.  Baullz..you already switched equipment so unless you are using a downloaded text app or the issue was transferred from one phone to another, it may be something to call tech support for.  Another option to try is to delete the entire sms thread with your phone and the people it's happening with and see if that works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Baullz, I clear up this text message concern for you. When you send a message that has more than 160 characters to an inter-carrier destination, that message is delivered in its entirety (up to 1120 characters) in multiple message segments. Each of these segments will appear on the recipient’s handset as individual messages from the sender. Our wireless network will break up the messages into segments at a space between words at or near 160 characters for each message segment.

This is why your longer text messages are broken up into seperate segments. I trust that this explaination will address your concerns. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional concerns. We're for you. ^LH

0 Likes
TenaB

LH, I don't think this is what Baulz was talking about, because it's happening to me, too. It doesn't have to be a long text. At least not for me. It does seem to happen at a misspelled word. It recalls a text message that has been long deleted from both phones. Just throws the last few lines in there for no good reason. I can't understand where they are getting these old emails from. I can't even recall my deleted emails. But apparently they are out there some where. I have seriously almost lost a friend and a business associate over this mess. I don't know who else I have insulted. They probably aren't talking to me anymore.

I use a Droid, the friend and b.a. use IPhones. We all have Verizon. The last time I typed 1200 words or more was in college for a paper. The mixed up messages contain about 4 lines or about 125 characters including spaces. After half of an old deleted message is thrown in there, I would estimate maybe about 250 characters might be there. Or less.

0 Likes
TenaB

Oh, the misspelled word may only appear misspelled because it contains half a word from the old message. If you don't use a period at the end of your last sentence, which I don't, it appears misspelled.

0 Likes
baullz
Enthusiast - Level 2

LH, this is not even close to what is going on. I'm glad to see our Verizon costumer support actually reads what we write.  As TenaB said it will take the first half of what I just wrote in a new text message and then it will take part of a really old deleted text message and REPLACE the second half of my newly written message with that old half creating a text message that is half new content and half old content from an old random text message.  Hence the name of the thread being MIXED UP TEXT MESSAGED not BROKEN up texted messages.  I am not going to reset my phone like is your answer to every other tech problem.  This happend both on my droid 2 and droid 4 which use different built in text message apps (the one the comes with the phone) so I really do not see how reseting my phone will do a damned thing.  This is really just getting irritating, I pay out of my a** for this phone each month and it doesnt do what it is built to do.

baullz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply, much more informative than the reply from the actual Verizon cosutomer service rep.  I have deleted the full SMS conversation before and that does not help.  I will try your other suggestion and see if that does anything.

Again thank you for some actual help and ideas.

Kyle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for any confusion on our part, baullz. We definitely want to take a deeper look into this for you. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message if this issue persists.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes