Missing device payment agreement
jmcgill820

OKAY. SO. In trying to switch my fiance's line from her family's account to my account, Verizon told us that it wasn't possible.  When we asked why, we eventually got them to tell us that her device payment agreement is missing...they just don't have it.  She's paying for her phone on the installment plan, and they told us that without that contract agreement, there was no way to switch her remaining balance to a different account, despite the fact that they knew exactly how much she owes (about $500).  When we asked if they could just draw up a new contract for that exact amount and add it to my account, they said that, too, isn't possible.  They told us the only way we would be able to transfer the line would be to buy out the remaining $500 balance, which isn't really in the budget right now (hence paying in installments to begin with).

Is there ANYTHING we can do to locate this device payment agreement, or create a new one, or whatever it takes, to transfer the remaining balance to my account with the installment plan?  After spending over an hour on the phone and talking to 4 different people and making no progress, we just want this settled.

Thanks for any support!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing device payment agreement
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The account owner of your fiancé's line should be able to access the installment agreement. Otherwise someone needs to pay off the balance before the installment payment plan can be transferred to another account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Missing device payment agreement
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange Jeffrey. All device payment agreements are stored digitally, and are available online for our customers when they access their My Verizon account under the profile tab. I would recommend contacting us again and processing an Assumption of Liability as per this link: http://vz.to/VjDovI

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes