Missing/Late texts in iMessage group texts.
someguyouknow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greetings! 

This seems like a common problem that I have yet to see a solution to. I am in a group chat with my family. Three of them have iPhones, two of us have Androids. Most of the time, especially lately, I am either missing text from a couple of the iPhone users completely or I will get them much later, sometimes even the next day. Individual text threads with the same individuals seem fine for the most part.

I have never been an iPhone user so it hasn't been registered with Apple. I checked anyway.

All of the iPhone users have me in their phone as mobile and not iphone.

I have cleared cache/data on my texting app. 

I have factory defaulted my phone.

What else can I try or is this a lost cause?

Re: Missing/Late texts in iMessage group texts.
bcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this EXACT problem! Messages in group texts from family members with iPhones (on Consumer Cellular, but I don't think that matters) are delayed by several minutes or hours. My wife and I have the same Pixel 3 phone but she is on another service provider and isn't having delay problems like I am. This is ONLY from iPhone group chats.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, Someguyyouknow. Your wireless experts are here to help. This is an issue that has just been brought to attention recently so I appreciate you letting us know you are having this issue too. Group messages require a mobile data connection so that is one thing we want to check on first. How is your service normally? For instance, how may bars of signal on average do you get?

We do appreciate you for clearing the cache and data of the messaging app from the application manager as a corrupt data in the app might be causing the problem. So you are ahead of the game.

Another step you can take is to check if the issue occurs when the phone is started in Safe Mode. If it doesn’t then the problem could be caused by an app you downloaded. Here is a link to our troubleshooting page so you can find out how to put your device in Safe Mode:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/

Please keep us posted on the outcome. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bcos, getting all of your messages in a timely manner is of the utmost importance. Let's work together to see what is going on. How long has this issue been happening? Did you recently port your number into Verizon from another carrier? TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
someguyouknow
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem started happening roughly two weeks ago. I've only ever been with Verizon. I've only ever had Android Smartphones. 

To answer previous questions, I do have a consistent mobile signal. I have tested Safe Mode with the same results. 

App: Google Messages ver. 5.9.092

Phone: Google Pixel 2XL

0 Likes
bcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

My signal strength in my house where I've seen this happen is anywhere from -123 to -120 dBm.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we get to the bottom of this, bcos. When did this issue begin? Also, did you recently port your number from another carrier?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
bcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently became a Verizon prepaid member on Feb 27, 2020. I ported my number from GoogleFi. The problem has occurred multiple times in the weeks since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, bcos. Is this happening with every group text, or only group texts involving certain people? Are the texts entirely over Apple Messages, or are they MMS texts that include Android Users?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
bcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens with every group text that I'm included in that originates from an Apple iPhone user. I'm not sure what you mean by asking if the texts are sent over Apple Messages or MMS texts that include Android users. I suppose it's the latter, since I'm an Android user and the messages are delayed for me.

0 Likes