Missing Google Play Store after Android 7 installed this morning
DANPOO16

Android 7, sw number 2.41.605.12 was installed this morning on my HTC 10. One app did not work and I was encouraged to delete it and reinstall. Could not get to the Google Play Store to reinstall the app.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Missing Google Play Store after Android 7 installed this morning
bearone21
Legend

go to the play store website!!!

0 Likes
DANPOO16

That did not load either although other websites do load.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe the other community member was suggesting you sign into your Google account from a computer and navigate to the web site for the Play Store and see if you can locate the missing application and determine if you can install it remotely or find out if it is compatible with the OS version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DANPOO16

Could be. I have been able to install the app on my tablet and can find it on Google Play on my computer, but it seems strange to me that when I use the Chrome browser on my HTC-10 with the new version of Android, I cannot connect to the Play Store - and I can't get to it from the icon on the phone. The browser seems to work on other websites I usually use.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified the Google Play Services wasn't been disabled or something?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks for filling in the blanks.

christopherm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We definitely want you to be able to get all of your applications back on your device. Some app developers can be late to getting their apps updated for the newest version of Android. The Google Play store will keep these incompatible apps hidden and prevent you from installing them on an incompatible device. What is the name of the app you are trying to download?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DANPOO16

People don't seem to get it. It is Google Play Store that does not load. If I could get to that and then find that the app is not ready for the new version of Android, that would be ok, but when I try to load the play store - either from the icon on the phone or via the Chrome browser, all I get is a white screen. The app I am looking for is called VIP Access, something I need as part of the authentication process for banking. Fortunately, I have been able to download it onto another device, but that is not my preferred device for that purpose.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ann154 asked earlier if you verified that Google Play Services was not disabled.  This is done through the phone settings and it's one huge thing that could inhibit access to the play store.  I'm thinking she understood perfectly what you were saying, it would be nice to hear whether that worked for you or not.

0 Likes