Mini Droid closes contacts periodically after upgrading to new OS, Just got the phone and its the only problem
parejf63
Enthusiast - Level 1

This only started when I did the upgrade to the new OS.  I have disconnected Google Sync contacts, thinking that was the case, but it still does it periodically

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mini Droid closes contacts periodically after upgrading to new OS, Just got the phone and its the only problem
parejf63
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, it does it when I try to open the contacts, and also randomly tells me that the contacts have stopped working.  It goes back to the main screen.  It does not happen all the time, but it is the only error I get on the phone.   I have since downloaded DW contacts to replace it and it works fine, but I would like to know what is causing this to happen and how to rectify it.  Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Mini Droid closes contacts periodically after upgrading to new OS,  Just got the phone and its the only problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello parejf63!

I'd love to get to the bottom of this! First, let me clarify this for you. When you say that your device closes contacts, do you mean that when you are looking at one of your contacts, the device closes the page and takes you back to the home screen? Please elaborate for me and provide me with some additional data.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Mini Droid closes contacts periodically after upgrading to new OS, Just got the phone and its the only problem
parejf63
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, it does it when I try to open the contacts, and also randomly tells me that the contacts have stopped working.  It goes back to the main screen.  It does not happen all the time, but it is the only error I get on the phone.   I have since downloaded DW contacts to replace it and it works fine, but I would like to know what is causing this to happen and how to rectify it.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Mini Droid closes contacts periodically after upgrading to new OS,  Just got the phone and its the only problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

parejf63

Thanks for clarifying! I'd love to get to the bottom of this too. You menitions your downloaded DW contacts and everything is working fine now. Is this an app? Can you clarify what DW Contacts are? Is everything working well now and no more going back to the main screen when viewing contacts?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Dw is just an app that he's  using. Did you try to force stop / clear  data in app Mgr settings all tab? You may need an FDR after full backup  or just use dw

0 Likes