Micro sd card not working
stephnarob

HI, while on a trip to mexico my phone restarted by itself when it came back on it didnt read my micro sd card. I have tried taking it out and putting it back but it still doesnt work. I put my husbands in my phone and it read his so i know its not the phone.  I have tons of pictures on my sd card! I was wondering if there was anything i could do to fix it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Micro sd card not working
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Ahh, Mexico sounds great right about now!

Well, the good news is that you were able to determine there isn't an issue with the phone.

Since your SD card isn't reading in the phone, I'm wondering if you have a memory card reader where you can check to see if the pictures can be viewed by putting the SD card in a card reader and inserting it into a computer.

If you are able to view/save the pictures on your computer, then excellent! There is hope for keeping those precious memories. If you can save the pictures, your next step would be to format the SD card. I'm not certain of the Android device you have to give you the steps to format the memory card. However, if you go to our support page here

-----> http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/  type in "format memory card" and you can find the device you have in order to proceed.

After you have formatted the SD card, save the pictures back to the SD card & try to view the pictures once again.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes