Re: Messaging plus - the pointer can be an issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That looks like two different keyboard applications to me. Highlighting and cursor can be different between different keyboard applications. One is Swype and the other I would guess is the Google keyboard or something else.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I still am not seeing the big cursor/arrow - even after removing the predictive text bar.  It must be the difference in keyboards.  I am using Swype, not the Google keyboard or a default keyboard.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, i guess this is the HTC One M8 keyboard?  Do u see the cursor if u press on the entry line?  I guess this is an HTC issue with their keyboard then.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you try a different keyboard? If it is already installed, switch to the Google keyboard and see if it helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I tap the entry line, I get a single vertical line, a typical flashing cursor.  No arrow or big symbol covering the keyboard.  A different keyboard may resolve the issue for you, since it is a non issue for me. I don't see what you are seeing!

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, yeah, i said i am using the HTC ONE M8's keyboard.  So the cursor is different than yours. It is like a rectangle with a triangle on top pointing upward. yeah, i may get another keyboard, but I like this one with the HTC Sense feel. Prob keep it cuz it is good..except for this cursor issue sometimes hitting that top row and causin issues.  Sometimes the bubbled words make it tough to position pointer too.  Thanks to everyone for tryin to help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you helping out Ann154. You should be able to use the keyboard that you want gmopro1. Make sure that your software is updated. It may be a glitch in the keyboard. I would recommend backing up your http://spr.ly/6585BRHLS information and doing a master reset on the device especially if you have tried changing keyboards and then going back to the HTC Sense keyboard. Let me know when you have backed up your information so you can do a master reset next.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes