Messaging plus - the pointer can be an issue
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

It is an annoying thing when that pointer is right over top of a key you want to press and you cant press the key. Happens every once in a while. This needs to be changed.  That pointer icon points to where the next letter will drop , but the bottom of the pointer is over top of a letter making it impossible to select that letter. Plz fix that. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messaging plus - the pointer can be an issue
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You mean the suggested words in the bar underneath the message area?  I've seen that, and get around it by moving the cursor to another part of the word so I can tap at least one letter of the suggested word.

If you mean something different, send a screenshot if possible?

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Nope.  The predicted words thing is annoying so i removed that.  I am talking about that cursor that appears where the next letter will be placed. If u use the Messaging plus, at times that cursor ..(shaped like a pointer plus a rectangle) ends up over top the upper keyboard letters.  Like if u tap the area where u type u can see the selector.  That covers the top row of letters and sometimes it is impossible to select the key because of it.  I dont like that pointer thing. it is too big. Please fix that. It is annoying and costs me time.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Actually, i meant that the cursor covers one of the letters in the top row.  Sometimes it is the letter i want to select and i cant because of that cursor.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not seeing anything like that, my cursor is just a thin vertical line?  Can you send a screen shot?

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Oh, it happens a lot actually. You have to remove that word prediction row.  The cursor is like a then vertical rectangle plus a triangle pointing up at the top. So it is like a narrow house.  It points upward.  So it covers a letter in that top row sometimes and makes it annoying to try and select the letter.  Have dealt with this for a while. i will try to set aside time to screen shot it.  If you remove that word predictor, u will run into this nuisance eventually.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Screenshot_2015-11-16-13-32-46_1.jpg

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

So when the cursor is over a letter, u click the letter and nothing happens.  Cursor shouldnt go over letters. Make it smaller and move it up higher plz.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe try a different keyboard app....mine looks entirely different:

Screenshot_2015-11-16-11-04-06.png

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

It's similar. Also, i told you to remove the word predictor row. I removed mine. Remove yours and then click next to a letter that you typed and you will see that cursor cover a keyboard letter.

0 Likes