Re: Messages
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

The issue that I have found with the website is that it logs out all the time. There is a time limit for non use. It does not help as a monitor for messages. I can log in and then send a message, but often I will receive messages while working.

0 Likes
jmstark
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the ETA on working Windows 10 PC software? I also just moved to a new laptop and now can't get the app. Messaging from the PC is a critical piece of functionality and the Message+ app has been an issue for more than 6 months now. Is Verizon not capable of having a working Windows 10 app for messaging? It makes the whole company look foolish. The Verizon website is also still littered with wrong instructions. This needs to be escalated and fixed. It can't be that hard. 

jav6
Champion - Level 3

In an earlier post, I provided a Dropbox link to a working Win10 version. Not ideal, but works 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vbeckaccounts
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm shocked and appalled that Verizon would allow someone to post a link to an .exe from dropbox on their forums.  I believe you really are trying to help, but man that's a lot of liability for them.

That said, there's a GREAT solution.  If you like it, you can maybe add it to your previous posts as an option to the download.

Applicationize turns a page into an app that runs in your task bar.

1.  download google chrome

2.  go to https://applicationize.me/now (THIS IS FREE)

3. Under Web APP URL paste this URL:
https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do

4.  Click (advanced options) beneath that and select the first 2 toggles (open links internally and Send notifications).

5.  generate and download the extension

6.  follow the rest of the instructions.

*When complete, the app will automatically run.  Be sure you PIN it to your taskbar.

Let me know this worked for you!

0 Likes
Re: Message+ disappoints on the Mac for almost five years and counting.
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Message+ on my Android phone works great for texting, but on my Mac desktop, it's a dog.  This problem is nearly universal among Verizon customers who've used both.

On my Macbook Pro, Message+ is stinky slow.  The Beachball of Doom continuously revolve while I try to enter text or as my Mac tries to figure out what to do with another Message+ function.  This problem is universal.  For most Mac users, once Message+ is installed on a desktop Mac, Message+ runs so poorly it's earned for itself the Apple Store's lowest rating I've even seen for an allegedly "mature" product:  1.4 out of 5, with hundreds of reviews.  Verizon's only reply apparently is, "Contact Support so we can deal with it." 

And then it never does.  It's almost time to find another texting application or another phone company.

PS  I've personally spoken with Verizon's VP of Technology and Verizon's product lead, even its Laboratory, each time making the case for a working texting solution -- either they're not listening or the message isn't getting through:  Message+ stinks.  Verizon (if anyone still works there), do something about it!

App not associated
bylo

When trying to open this after downloading it says there is not an app associated with the link you posted.

0 Likes
Re: App not associated
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@bylo wrote:

When trying to open this after downloading it says there is not an app associated with the link you posted.

Is your download adding/removing the extension?  What is the name of the file you downloaded and trying to run?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jUstcAllmEdOc
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you don't have a replacement then why am i using VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1 which is the stand alone app not the web based desktop app and way better?

ty

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.