Can't download the Message App

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messages
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@marjkearney8 wrote:

Are you kidding me. I can't even get to  private messaging .my significant other left the tab open 

We can't offer assistance if you don't provide enough information as to what is going on and on what devices.  Not kidding.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@marjkearney8 wrote:

Can't download the Message App

On what device?  What happens or error message?  You are searching/selecting 'Verizon Messages', right?

0 Likes
marjkearney8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you kidding me. I can't even get to  private messaging .my significant other left the tab open 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@marjkearney8 wrote:

We can't offer assistance if you don't provide enough information as to what is going on and on what devices.  Not kidding.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have this messaging application downloaded to your phone. No worries, let us work together to help you get this resolved! To confirm, what exact messaging application are you trying to download? Also, what exactly do you mean by you cant get to private messaging, could you please elaborate? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

I performed a search to see if others are having the same issue. I recently changed desktops and needed to install Verizon Message+ again for the desktop. It seems that it is no longer available on the Windows Store. Not sure what happened.

I have it already installed on my tablets so I am using it there but I cannot use it on my new desktop. The issue with using the web version is that it times out and is not running all the time so I cannot get immediate information while working. Also it hangs up quite frequently.

If we cannot use the Verizon Message+ software, is there a suggester alternative?

The web site, as mentioned above, is not practical.

Thank you in advance.

Sal

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@letti001 wrote:

I performed a search to see if others are having the same issue. I recently changed desktops and needed to install Verizon Message+ again for the desktop. It seems that it is no longer available on the Windows Store. Not sure what happened.

I have it already installed on my tablets so I am using it there but I cannot use it on my new desktop. The issue with using the web version is that it times out and is not running all the time so I cannot get immediate information while working. Also it hangs up quite frequently.

If we cannot use the Verizon Message+ software, is there a suggester alternative?

The web site, as mentioned above, is not practical.

Thank you in advance.

Sal

If you read all the posts (ugh!) in the threads discussing this Windows 10 Message+ issue, you'd have found out why it was removed from the Windows Store.  The new version v2.0.2.0 had sync'ing issues with other devices when using Integrated Messaging, so VZW said Message+ was 'incompatible with Win10' and removed it.  The versions v2.0.2.0 and v1.0.17.0 DO work on Win10 but might have sync'ing issues (I don't see it happening so much now).  The v2.0.2.0 installation is not an .exe file for downloading, but v1.0.17.0 is and you can get it here as I've saved a copy:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

At this time, we do not have a replacement for the software outside of the website. This would be the service we would recommend until the application is added back to the Windows Store.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for your response. I thought the issues had been handles by Verizon. I thought wrong.

Sadly, there is still documentation on the Verizon website that there is a desktop version and then there is not. I can use Android or Samsung message app but they seem to lag a bit.

Sal

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

I found v 1.0.16.0 in my archives. I will update it to 1.0.17

Thank you.

0 Likes