Message+ not scanning QR code on secondary devise
rjm12

I'm trying to authorize my Google Pixelbook as a secondary device for Message+.

I receive the QR code sent from Message+ for me to scan on my pixelbook. The scanner shows that it's live and ready, but the camera on my computer is not loading a feed of any kind. 

I tested it by opening the standard camera application and it works fine that way. I've given Message+ the permission to access camera, photos and more, but still doesn't open when the QR needs to be scanned.

Can someone help? Is there a way to authorize without the QR scan?

Ryan 

0 Likes
Re: Message+ not scanning QR code on secondary devise
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help and understand how convenient it would be to use Message+ on your Pixelbook. The QR code cannot be disabled. Let's dig further into this. Are you receiving the QR Code on your smartphone? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
ToneGrail
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem regardless of the device. I receive the QR code on my phone but it will not scan on my tablet. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ToneGrail Can you provide a few details? What device is receiving the QR code? Are you able to scan anything to your tablet?  Do you receive an error message? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
CarolineBays

Has this issue ever been resolved? Since Verizon switched to the QR code to activate a secondary device. I have never been able to get another secondary device to work. It worked great before this change and never had a complaint. But it's going on years trying now. I've tried on over several different phones and devices. Still haven't gotten it to work and don't know anyone else that has. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We aren't aware of any issues with this process so we are happy to help. Let's work through a few things here. What are the steps you've taken to try to get this to work? What happens when this doesn't work? Do you get an error or anything like that?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
martatowne
Enthusiast - Level 2

is there a resolution for this?  Im having the same problem on my Pixelbook go.  I've allowed the camera, I've even gotten the camera to open to take a PICTURE in Message +...but when it says to scan the QR sent to my phone, the camera doesn't turn on.  Help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

martatowne, we appreciate your efforts to scan the QR code and I would be happy to help. Have you allowed camera permission for Message+? 

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
martatowne
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes

0 Likes
martatowne
Enthusiast - Level 2

it just has a black box with a red line, no camera light indicator...but ive taken a photo with the camera through the app fine.