Message+ Galaxy S6 Search causes app to crash
Si02Man

I really love the functionality and concept of Message+ but recently my app started to crash every time i'd search for more than one letter.  For example if i'm looking for a contact named Brian, if I just type B and scroll down to find texts from a contact with B that works OK, but if I type Bri or any more letters that app crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

I can though search using the stock app with no problem, but i'd like to use Message+

While the problem is catastrophic to the function of Message+ its quite annoying and would really appreciate a fix.

Would appreciate any guidance or a fix if others have the same issue.

Thank you,

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ Galaxy S6 Search causes app to crash
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you have message threads you want to save, back them up to your cloud of choice.

Then go into settings>applications>application manager>message+ and disable it, clear the cache, clear the data and restart your phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Just to clarify, are you are using Message+, which is the stock messaging app on the S6? Or are you using a 3rd party app to send text messages?

0 Likes
Si02Man

I'm using Message+.  That is the app that continues to crash while searching in app

Thank you,

Scott

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you have message threads you want to save, back them up to your cloud of choice.

Then go into settings>applications>application manager>message+ and disable it, clear the cache, clear the data and restart your phone.

0 Likes
Si02Man

PERFECT! Problem solved. Thank you so much, very helpful!

Scott

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No problem.

0 Likes
Si02Man

The fix worked well, and then Message+ updated with the latest version in the play store and started to crash again immediately after update on search. Just wanted to advise. It appears there's something in the latest update causing my issue in particular.

0 Likes
Si02Man

After removing the update in the application manager, Message+ searches with no issue. 

Do appreciate all of the assistance,

Scott

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Under settings>about what android version are you running?

0 Likes
Si02Man

0 Likes