Message+, Disable email feature?
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried out Message+ on my Note4, and the ability to open the Message+ app on my PC and respond to text messages without typing on my phone is great.  I vaguely remember the app asking me if I wanted to respond to texts via email, and before I realized that there was a desktop app, I said "sure, that sounds better than being limited to typing on my screen!"  Now I'm stuck getting an email delivered to my inbox for EVERY message I receive.  I would like to disable the feature, but I can't seem to find it in the PC app, web app, or Android app for Message+.  Could someone tell me where to go to disable emails when I get texts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message , Disable email feature?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see you loving every part of your messaging application, GMSLEE. From your Verizon Messages installed application on the desktop, click the Settings icon then Notifications to find the option to remove the CC'd email notifications for each message you receive.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Message+, Disable email feature?
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the response.  In the Messages+ desktop program, I go to Settings, then to Notifications, and the only options I have are:

messages plus verizon.PNG

I don't see anywhere in the options to enable/disable email.

0 Likes
Re: Message , Disable email feature?
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else have any answers, suggestions, tips?  This seems like a terrible oversight to allow me to opt-in and never give me an opt-out option.  Surely this software went through some sort of QA process before release...

I have tried adding a rule to my Outlook 2013 to delete all email addressed to my phone number, but it's only able to process as a client rule, and for some reason doesn't run at all as a result.  If there's no 'fix' here,I may just give up on Message+.

Re: Message+, Disable email feature?
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing, I guess.  Thanks anyway. 

0 Likes