Manufactures Warranty Exchange Policy Question
kjames1973

When we received are refurbish Motorola Droid 4 to replace the one we have.

The box we got said to take all accessories out of the phone including "SIM card" and battery.

So, we attempted to remove battery and realized it is embedded to the phone by screws attached to it.

When, I went to remove the battery it was really difficult to do so and look like I shouldn't. Know I could remove it eventually.

Without breaking and what not. However, I went to the Motorola Droid 4 videos and it says I should not remove the battery.

It was this page: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/Motorola/5845.html

So, we are confused on what we should do. I use to work with the company and we would tell the customers by phone that we

should take all parts away from the phone and only put the phone in the box to return it so we would not get charged the $500.00.

So, our question is what do we do and how do we take out this battery if we have to and get to keep it if that is the case.

Speedy reply from VZW rep would be appreciated so we can return this on Monday.

Thanks, Karl

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Manufactures Warranty Exchange Policy Question
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid 4 battery is not meant to be removable by the customer.  Remove the SIM, and the SD card, if you have one installed, and don't mess with the battery.  Some replacement phones come without a battery, hence the warning to keep yours.... but in the case of the Droid 4, it's a non-issue.  Leave the battery as is, remove the SIM and SD cards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid 4 battery is not meant to be removable by the customer.  Remove the SIM, and the SD card, if you have one installed, and don't mess with the battery.  Some replacement phones come without a battery, hence the warning to keep yours.... but in the case of the Droid 4, it's a non-issue.  Leave the battery as is, remove the SIM and SD cards.

0 Likes
kjames1973

SuzyQ,

Thank you very much. Just was confusing!

0 Likes