MMS message+ stuck in sending status
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some MMS messages I send get stuck in "sending" status and sometimes actually send days later. I and using a Motorola Droid Z.  Is this a phone, app, or Verizon issue?  Message info says it was "received by server" but status says "sending" and not "sent".  I have rebooted and restart and it still happens randomly.  It's in group chats MMS with a mixture or other users on iPhones and various Android phones.  

Re: MMS message+ stuck in sending status
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues sending group messages. With regard to the messaging issue what text application are you using on your phone? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon message+ is what I am using.  It does not happen all the time.  It is sporadic.  I have restarted the phone, turned on and off wifi (happens in both data and wifi), also uninstalled and reinstalled messgae +.    Will go days on end no issue, and then it will happen sporadically.  particularly when in group MMS with others who are mixture of iPhone and Android users.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There isn't anything that you are doing wrong, TRIREG14. It's honestly a network issue and sometimes just erasing your message, waiting a few moments and try to type it out and send it again will resolve. It happens on all types of phones from time to time. Was that a step that you tried before? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Chuck0032
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue,  in my situation I know what the problem is and it's not that uncommon to have or be able to fix.  However,  Instead of being able to go to settings the access point names and edit my settings (change mms proxy and the other one related to mms)  Verizon has locked / greyed out these settings, locked my ability to change the individual settings below APN in my phone.   I have a never been locked to any provider phone.  A truly unlocked phone because its never been locked to need unlocking.  

I've spent over 7 hours on the phone with more than that many agents and no one knows what to do to undo what the system did to my phone when the new Verizon sim card was installed.  

I know the settings are wrong because if you search the issue in Verizon it lists the APN and individual settings per Verizon 2020 as well as the two settings for mms clearly stating "Not Set" for mms.  

The agent yesterday said he was scheduling to have a tier 3 technician call me, when I asked when, all he could say was sometime in the next 72 hours.  

This was after he asked if i had what's app or some other kind of messaging app on my phone i could use ??   Well, no.  I don't have any app like that and I thought buying phone service from what I thought was the best provider in the U.S. would prevent me from needing a service such as that.  

I'm not sending memes or pictures of the kids, after every service call I preform I have a report that I send to my customers and it happens to be in a picture format so using what's app or whatever and it showing a different phone number is  as unacceptable as his suggestion was. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Chuck0032! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your data connection. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? When did this issue start? What app message are you using? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes typing it out again or even sending another message will stall in sending status as well.  Happened today that a message stalled in one MMS group and then a couple different message also stalled in sending status on a different MMS group.  I do think things are getting stuck somewhere in the network.  The message info says it was "Received by the server" at a specific time, but doesn't change from sending to sent... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, TRIREG14! Being able to send messages is vital, and we would love the opporutnity to help you today. Can you please elaborate further? When did this issue start? Does this issue occour with out goiing group messages and/or incoming group message? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Scott_Ypma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon you need to fix this issue, it's been going on since at least 2015 and I'm sick of it. All that ever gets done is some customer service representative copy/pastes some pre written response in these thread. FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes