MAJOR LG G3 LOLLIPOP UPDATE BROWSER ENABLED WIFI BUG. Do not download the new update!!! PLEASE HELP VERIZON!
SunnyDee123
Enthusiast - Level 1

MAJOR lollipop update bug. When I updated my phone to the new lollipop update that just came out for LG G3,  i am completely unable to access my home wifi, which has a browser-enabled log in.  I have done everything from toggling the wifi and airplane mode and forgetting and connecting to known networks to trying to download 3rd party fixes and browsers and turning off my data in hopes that it will force it to popup. i, like many others. have a limited data plan that I barely can get away with each month without extra data charges. What am I going to do???????? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MAJOR LG G3 LOLLIPOP UPDATE BROWSER ENABLED WIFI BUG. Do not download the new update!!! PLEASE HELP VERIZON!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

First an foremost...if you're having problems with Lollipop do a factory reset. This is what VZW tech support will tell you and also LG tech support. I know it's a hassle but do it. Then if you have an issue we'll need to look at something else.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: MAJOR LG G3 LOLLIPOP UPDATE BROWSER ENABLED WIFI BUG. Do not download the new update!!! PLEASE HELP VERIZON!
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
SunnyDee123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion but it's not an email issue. It is a browser login required wifi that is the root of the issue. For those wondering I was told by verizon support to do factory data reset.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That's my suggestion. I factory reset mine after 2 days of being on Lollipop. If you have customizations like I do then try the LG Backup app from the play store. Just be sure to store the backup on your SD card then remove the card before doing the reset.

0 Likes
opiechick
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wifi only works if I am in Airplane mode and then turn on wifi.  Airplane mode has to stay on.  Very frustrating because then you cannot receive texts or phone calls.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

First an foremost...if you're having problems with Lollipop do a factory reset. This is what VZW tech support will tell you and also LG tech support. I know it's a hassle but do it. Then if you have an issue we'll need to look at something else.

0 Likes
opiechick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset, no luck

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Then you might need a replacement. I would suggest visiting a corporate store.

2bj

Had a similar issue with the S5 when updating to Lollipop....after factory reset, was able to reconnect the home WiFi again. Other issues (texting) were corrected when a second "update" to Lollipop came through.

0 Likes
DavidZeb
Enthusiast - Level 2

A replacement is not going to fix it.  This is a widespread issue with the LG G3 after the Lollipop update.  Mine is doing the exact same thing.  I've completed a factory reset and that doesn't make a difference at all.

The IPv6 implementation in Lollipop is apparently to blame.  From what I've seen so far, the only recourse is to root and disable IPv6, OR fix IPv6 on the WiFi networks you access.

0 Likes