M8 4.4.3 update problem
Seb2hme
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update came through last night. It rebooted but now it's stuck on the red verizon screen. I've soft and hard reboot and I've wiped the cache. I don't want to factory reset. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: M8 4.4.3 update problem
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Since you didn't buy insurance you can buy another phone full price with the money you saved not paying insurance. Find an old vzw phone from a friend or family activate on your line. if you call HTC they'll have u send it for repair with a charge. Insurance is worth it you never know what crazy things can happen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gosh, that's awful news, Seb2hme. I hope you've been able to restore your device to normal programming since posting. If not, I think that you've done all you can to attempt to complete this update. A factory reset may well be your next, best option. The instructions are here: http://vz.to/1u9EndM. Please let me know how it goes! Good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Seb2hme
Enthusiast - Level 1

I when to the Verizon store and because my phone has a dent, the warranty is voided. I didn't buy insurance and the factory reset didn't work. I've had the phone less than a year so it's an expensive brick if it can't be fixed. Any other idea?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seb2hme,

There's still hope! I recommend calling HTC at 1-866-449-8358 to see if they can help with this issue. Also, taking the phone to an independent cell phone repair shop may help.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Since you didn't buy insurance you can buy another phone full price with the money you saved not paying insurance. Find an old vzw phone from a friend or family activate on your line. if you call HTC they'll have u send it for repair with a charge. Insurance is worth it you never know what crazy things can happen

0 Likes