Re: Lying, cheating, rotten, scumbags
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

If they aren't going to read it ,which is fine, why the need for them to commrnt.

pqc711

when you received that phone call in august and chose to make that change to your plan, that is when you were misinformed by a representative. the rep on the phone told you it would not affect any other part of your plan but in the eyes of the company and i'm sure their legal department you opened yourself to being switched to the new data plans by making those changes. i personally would fight it just as hard as you are and have had issues with verizon on such things in the past.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

lemew wrote:

I was not aware of them having a lower voice plan than the 700 minute plan

They had a 550 minute plan, but you cannot get unlimited texting with it. Not sure about getting 1000 text plan with it. Not sure if it's still available for customers on the Nationwide plan.

0 Likes
cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

That should not have effected it because that is only changing the minutes but the contract that was renewed was for two years of unlimited data and I have had other plans where I have changed minutes before and has never effected any other parts of the plan also I asked Verizon reps about that being the cause for the change in data while I was working with the inactive pricing request dept and they told me NO changing the minutes should not have effected the change in data so I am just going to show that contract to the director when it comes around to it because I know I am right even the majority of the Verizon reps and supervisors are telling me I am right

0 Likes
cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well everyone, the battle is over, the Unlimited data is finally back in its rightful place and the constant calls to customer service are no longer needed. THANK GOD. I finally ended up speaking to a director explaining my situation to her, and told her I had a copy of my renewed contract agreement and pretty much everything I said up there. She did a bit of research and found  it was taken off in error, what everyone else had been over looking. Apparently the first lady that called to help me save minutes off my phone bill because I wasn't using all of the 700, forgot to note that the contract for my sons line started in 2010, which was when they were offering unlimited data. So in the inactive pricing request departments mind, his contract started when we preordered the Galaxy S3 which wasn't the case. So she elevated it to the dept head of the inactive pricing request dept. They saw that they were supposed to honor unlimited data if preorders were done before the 28th of June, and saw that the account actually started 2010 making us eligible to keep. I just couldn't stand the amount of inexperienced reps that I had to go through who didn't know the company policy, didn't know their facts for sure, but they were quick to tell me, I was wrong, I lost it. So for those of you who showed support on this page, thank you very much. For the Sandman guy who was quick to assume I am an ignorant consumer who doesn't understand the unlimited data plan with out even reading the whole post. I pray you never get involved in a customer service position. and THANK YOU TAMASHA for helping me though this process and getting the unlimited data back on the account. Once more I am a happy Verizon customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cryan34,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm happy to see that just recently they were able to get the plan corrected for you and get the unlimited back. You were right in this process, you ordered before the change on June 28, 2012 and since the upgrade was for your husbands line and not actually your son's, the unlimited should have stayed. In reading the details, it appeared as the issue wasn't in renewing the contract but the plan change done in August. I'm unsure if you ever found out what exactly was changed but that's the only reason anything like this would have happened. I hope that you remain and happy and loyal Verizon customer. Have a great day!

Thanks,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Director I spoke with had the answer as to why it changed in the first place, when I changed the minutes from 700 to 550, the lady made the changes to all the lines on the account, but she did not note on the account that my son's line started 2010. Instead she just used the date from the Preorder, so when they inactive pricing requests went through when they looked at the account it just looked like to them that his line started 2012 June 16th.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You should have left "well enough" alone and not changed your plan in the middle of all this.

0 Likes
cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why not? Everything I did was completely with in policy and if I would like to save money on my account I don't see why I should be penalized.

Not applicable

You shouldn't.  But sometimes it works best to let the dust clear from one transaction before you start making changes.  It shouldn't be that way, but sometimes it just is.

0 Likes