Lying, cheating, rotten, scumbags
cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Back when Verizon Wireless was changing to their Share everything plan, I wanted my family plan to avoid the cost of having to get stuck into this plan. Our lines were due for an upgrade, but the problem was I wanted to have a smartphone on my line with 2Gbs of data and not have to pay for unlimited talk and text that I am not going to use and have to share my 2Gbs with another device. My son's smartphone was grandfathered with the unlimited data. Now when Verizon was making changes to their policy they were going to drop the unlimited data for people upgrading after June 28th unless they wanted to pay the full retail price of the phone, in that case they would be able to keep their unlimited data. Well I talked to many Verizon representatives prior to the policy change about getting the phones upgraded with out having to be stuck into the "share everything" plan and keeping the unlimited data plan. I was told by at least 13 different Verizon representatives on the phone and at the store, that we would be able to upgrade my phone to a smartphone (Galaxy Nexus) and my son's phone to a Galaxy S3 as LONG as it is done before the June 28th cut off period. Unfortunately my son's line was not ready for an upgrade until after June 28th, so we used my husbands line as an alternate upgrade to his line again we were told he could keep his unlimited data as long as it was done before June 28th. So we go in July 16th and preorder the Galaxy S3 and she sets it up and puts the notes on the account to make keep it unlimited and she said Show this to the Verizon reps when you come back in to activate the phone when the preorder arrives. Well we do this, we get it activated and the line says unlimited excellent. In the month of August I receive a call from Verizon telling me that they would like to help save some money on the account by seeing if there are things like minutes that we are not using that much of so that they can reduce the amount of minutes per month to save money. In my mind I think great I would like to save money if we are not using all 700 of our minutes, but before she makes the changes I ask if this is going to effect any other part of my plan? namely the data. She tells me no not at all it is just going to reduce the amount of minutes each billing cycle, so I say ok great go a head then. WRONG August 21st my son notices that his unlimited usage on the account now shows 2GBS!! What the HELL!? So I call up and tell them my story that I just said here and they tell me there is no reason I should have lost my unlimited data and that they will do an inactive pricing request to get it back. So they file it and I check back IT GETS DENIED. I ask why it was denied and they tell me "well perhaps the person that filed it didn't put enough notes on the account, they probably thought you activated it after the 28th but didn't know it was a preorder, ill go ahead and file another one with those notes on the request making sure they knew it was a preorder because you guys are definitely with in policy." Ok thank you, few days later THAT one gets denied, this time they tell me "well they must have thought he upgraded his own line because if he did upgrade his own line then he would lose the unlimited data, but since you did an alternate upgrade you should have been able to keep your unlimited data let me put that note on the request and send it in." OK ...... thanks..... gets denied AGAIN!! So I ask why do these things keep getting denied!? The guy I talk to this time looks it over and says "oh I see what they did wrong, they were filling out the right kind of unlimited data inactive pricing request form, ill change it and submit it again" I check again nothing changes on the account. DENIED AGAIN!!!!!! THIS TIME the woman just tells me, well it looks like they are not going to give you the unlimited data back there is no way to reach that department by phone so unfortunately your unlimited data is not coming back. You must not have understood that you would lose the unlimited data. WHAT DO YOU MEAN MISUNDERSTOOD!!? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MISUNDERSTAND 13 VERIZON REPRESENTATIVES TELLING ME WEEKS AND WEEKS BEFORE THE 28TH THAT I COULD UPGRADE THAT LINE AND KEEP THE UNLIMITED DATA AS LONG AS IT IS DONE BEFORE JUNE 28th??? I PURPOSEFULLY CHECK AND ASKED TIME AND TIME AGAIN WITH EVERYONE THAT I COULD TALK TO THAT AS LONG AS I DID THIS BEFORE JUNE28TH I COULD KEEP THE PLAN!!!! THEN YOU JUST TAKE IT AWAY AND TELL ME I MISUNDERSTOOD!!! I WOULD HAVE NEVER SIGNED ON ANOTHER 2 YEARS WITH YOU ROTTEN CHEATS IF I NEW THE EXACT THING I FEARED MIGHT HAPPEN, DESPITE YOU TELLING ME I COULD, WOULD HAPPEN! AND NOW IT DID AND I AM SCREWED, SO NOW I AM FACED WITH JUST EATING THE COST AND PAYING FOR ALL THE OVERAGE FEES ON THAT LINE, OR PAYING 700 BUCKS TO CANCEL OUT ALL THE LINES. THIS IS THE MOST DEPLORABLE ACT IN BUSINESS I HAVE EVER SEEN BLATANTLY LYING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS OVER AND OVER JUST TO GET THE COMFORTABLE INTO GOING WITH ANOTHER 2 YEARS WITH YOU!?? I am going to make sure this story reaches every ear I can to keep everyone away from Verizon. THIS IS DISGUSTING!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Lying, cheating, rotten, scumbags
rcschnoor
Legend

cryan34 wrote:

...AND PAYING FOR ALL THE OVERAGE FEES ON THAT LINE...

Unless, of course, you have your son change his phone habits and curtail his data usage. Or increase the data allowance which would be cheaper than paying for overages.

Not applicable

Or use a wifi connection because when you do this it does not get charged to you as data usage.

cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Those are simply not an option for me, I was renewed for an UNLIMITED data plan for another 2 years which I told I was able to do and I am not budging on that. If need be I will take it to small claims court. I was in the Verizon store yesterday and worked with a very helpful Manager who was sympathetic to my issue and I was showing her the other Verizon support forum discussion threads about the unlimited data and the Galaxy S3 preorder and I showed her where the Verizon reps on the post said that they would be able to retain the unlimited data if they preordered the phone before the Galaxy S3 and what ever was on the receipt when they signed the agreement when they upgraded is what they would be able to keep when they received their new Preorder on the 10th of July. So what she did was she got a copy of my contract that I signed the 16th of June when I preordered the phone and sure enough the contract states that I am signing another 2 year plan with Verizon for unlimited data on my one line and 2 Gbs of data on my own line, and my signature is right there. So that is the contract. She said that she filed another inactive pricing request this time referencing the receipt number, she thinks that department might not have had that information previously which is why they were denying it. She also said that I need to call the customer support line and ask to speak with a Director, not a supervisor and tell them I have a copy of the contract that I signed June 16th which agreed that the 2 years would be renewed with unlimited data and that the contract is not being honored. So lets see where this takes us.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Wall of text..... moving onto to a post I can actually read and comprehend.

cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't bother even opening the thread and commenting on it then.

Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

I tried to read your rambling, self-pitying post, cryer34.

I even made it past the 5th sentence. But when it became apparent that you were just rambling on and on and on about your "issues" with Verizon and your misunderstanding of unlimited data, I lost interest. Don't get me wrong, you're not the first guy who came here with a mad on about Verizon and looking for a pity party because of it, but there is nothing any of us can do to address your complaints. You should cancel your service with Verizon and just walk around with a pocketful of quarters and look for phone booths.

0 Likes
cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I was looking for a Verizon representative to comment on this one, but like I have said there are verizon representatives telling me that I am right, I even have the contract now that Verizon had me sign and they said I was correct in being told that I would be able to retain the unlimited data if I preordered before June 28th, because the contract clearly states that I am renewing another 2 years with them with unlimited data and 2gbs of limited data on a completely different line. None of that story up there was a ramble all of that is relevant information to the story at hand, but it is obvious that you have the attention span (deleted content to comply with VZW ToS) and do not have the ability to comprehend anything beyond a paragraph. I am not just some other customer coming on here complaining about automatic payment disputes or whining about 30 dollar upgrade fees and demanding self entitlement to a free upgrade. I am on here complaining because I put so much effort and research into being able to upgrade to this new phone before their policy change. I wouldn't have changed anything on this plan had I known there was going to be so much hassle. Again if you had the ability to (deleted content to comply with VZW ToS) you would know. Go read for yourself how many posts there are of people being able to keep their unlimited data when preordering the Galaxy S3 before June 28th or are you that(deleted content..please keep your post familly friendly)?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

cryan34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey buddy just for the record, READ THIS, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TOLD BY 13 OTHER VERIZON REPS, and they are still working with me on getting it back, they just filed another inactive pricing request this time, sending them a copy of the receipt of purchase showing I am with in policy. So WAY TO ASSUME that I am just another customer on here to whine like other Verizon customers about upgrade fees or phone insurance. http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/12/reminder-pre-order-the-samsung-galaxy-s3-on-verizon-and-keep-yo... <----------------------!

budone
Legend

How can I know it is a rambling one paragraph rant WITHOUT opening the thread?

Good luck with whatever your issue is.

0 Likes