Lucid 2 download mode caused by software update attempts?
Gb755c

My stepmom has an LG Lucid 2 and Monday night she put on the charger she went to look at it yesterday morning and it was stuck on the "download Mode Do Not Interrupt" screen. I got it back out of that mode by holding down power and unplugging it. When she finished her phone call she put it back on the charger that night she left it on the table so I went into settings,about phone, software update, and then did a manual check and the update that fixes the keyboard, toast and GMS update was available. This happened once before when the July 2013 update was available and either a manual check for updates was done or it notified us itself and I told my dad to install the update. I am wondering if her phone had a software glitch when it left the factory with original software image that causes it to go into download mode when verizon tries to push the updates to it? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lucid 2 download mode caused by software update attempts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the extra details, Gb755c. You can check to make sure the Lucid 2 has the newest software version,  VS87012A, by following the steps at http://vz.to/1l9raw5 when you have a chance to get the phone into your hands. Powering off the phone once a week is a great way to keep the phone functioning smoothly and charging properly, similar to a computer needing a reboot occasionally. There's no application that Verizon Wireless supports or has a recommendation for that may do an automatic reboot like you've suggested, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You can check through the hundreds of thousands of applications available at https://play.google.com/store for key words like reboot or restart to find something that may fit your request.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gb755c,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that the phone is having issues with download mode. There is no known issues with this device doing so when an update it available. It is possible if the update was available for a while but the use opted not to add it, it will automatically start downloading. Obviosuly, the latest update for this phone was in the last week so that would not be the case. Do you see other times when this happens? If not, I may suggest doing a system reset so the software can completely flow through the phone. If you do notice it, please inform when and we can look at other options to fix this.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gb755c

I have not noticed the behavior any other time as I stated this is only the second time it happened and both times it was when the phone was getting software updates. Since I am the family tech guru I am told if any of my family's phones are acting up. The only other thing my stepmom has complained about with the phone is that occasionally it takes several hours to charge. I have been able to resolve this by holding the power key down until the menu appears and selecting power off and restart but I don't always have access to the phone to do it. Are there any apps that either are on the Google Play store or your App Store that I can set her phone to automatically restart once a week I would set it to do this at a time when she was not needing to use it EX 3:00 AM. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the extra details, Gb755c. You can check to make sure the Lucid 2 has the newest software version,  VS87012A, by following the steps at http://vz.to/1l9raw5 when you have a chance to get the phone into your hands. Powering off the phone once a week is a great way to keep the phone functioning smoothly and charging properly, similar to a computer needing a reboot occasionally. There's no application that Verizon Wireless supports or has a recommendation for that may do an automatic reboot like you've suggested, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You can check through the hundreds of thousands of applications available at https://play.google.com/store for key words like reboot or restart to find something that may fit your request.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes