Love my Eris, now how do I make the TP2 leave my computer???
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

Right before the holidays, I purchased an HTC Touch Pro 2, thinking it was just what I was looking for. I synched it to my computer, moved some files over, played with it for a few days, and decided it was NOT what I was looking for. So I returned it and bought Eris's and love them. However, in the few days that I owned the TP2, and having synched it to my PC (running Win XP Pro SP3), it created an icon in "my computer" labeled as "mobile device" under "other". The phone is long gone, but I CANNOT make that darn icon go away from "my computer"! If I right click on the icon, my only options are 'open', 'explore', or 'create shortcut'. There is no option to delete this device. If I left click on it, it just opens to an empty folder. I can't find it in Device manager in the control panel to uninstall it. I simply cannot make it stop displaying this icon for a device that no longer exists here. Can anybody here help me out??

D Dave

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Love my Eris, now how do I make the TP2 leave my computer???
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
I actually just got the answer from somebody in one of the other groups. I went into add or remove programs and removed Microsoft Activesync...problem solved. Thanks for the reply though Logicman.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

How comfortable are you with editing the registry? You could follow the procedure outlined in How to remove ... or Other Unwanted Items from My Computer?  I would recommend creating a Windows restore point before proceeding. Click Start->Help and Support then click Undo changes to your computer with System Restore.

Another option that might work for you is Tweak UI. Download it from Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP and install it. After running it, find the My Computer entry in the list and click it. If "Mobile Device" appears in the list in the right panel, uncheck it. If Windows Explorer is open you will need to click View->Refresh. This will only hide it from view.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
I actually just got the answer from somebody in one of the other groups. I went into add or remove programs and removed Microsoft Activesync...problem solved. Thanks for the reply though Logicman.
0 Likes