Lost text alert sound.
dhw

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the sound back on my text message alerts?  All of the other alert sounds work.  I lost it with jelly bean update. I've tried a reboot, changed to differnt sound alerts (zedge and vz), and of course checked the volume. Still only get greeen light.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost text alert sound.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's pure craziness, dhw! I've not heard of anyone else experiencing this since JB.
You've done quite a bit thus far. One last thing to try. Does it work when the device is in Safe Mode? http://bit.ly/OAXCYh

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dhw

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't solve the problem. 

I'm wondering if it is possible to reset the phone to factory defaults and then reinstall JB?  I've read a lot of complaints about JB and I'm concerned a reinstall might cause some other problem that might be worse than the one I have now. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear dhw,

Thanks for trying that. Since safe mode did not help with the alert and since this happened after the update, it's suggested to do a hard reset. Before your do a hard reset, please ensure you back up the content on your phone. A hard reset will take your phone back to factory settings. To do a hard reset on your phone click http://vz.to/199Yi0v If you do not have the text alert after the hard reset, please feel free to reach out to us for futher assistance.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
dhw

Factory reset solved the problem. Instructions were very helpful. Thanks.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's wonderful news dhw!  I am glad that worked out for you.  Please know that we are here for you.  Have a wonderful day and weekend!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes