Lost phone, how do I get the old one to work?
kwils

I lost my brand new phone.  It's at work somewhere.  How do I get my old phone (Droid X) to work while I look for it.  It gives a busy signal when I try to make calls and won't send text messages.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost phone, how do I get the old one to work?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you reactivated it? You might have to call customer service with another phone to get the service switched from the lost phone to the DROID X.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Although I can't remember exactly, I believe you can activate it by calling *228 option 1.

You should also be able to activate it from your MyVerizon homepage. Under "I Want To..." > "Device" > "Activate or Switch Device"

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "lost" phone needs to be turned OFF though - otherwise your activation of another phone may not go smoothly.  I realize you can't do that, but it may be affecting the activation of another phone on the line.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Kwils, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your brand new phone!  I know how dissapointing that can be, because I am notorious for losing my phone. I'm sorry for the delay in response, but I hope this message finds you with your brand new phone reactivated. I hope that it was sitting right next to the keyboard at work.

In order to get your Droid X to work, we will need to reactivate it.  It's very simple to do. For steps on how to activate your device please visit http://vz.to/U3yVGV. You will need need to sign into your My Verizon account as the account owner.

If your device ever becomes lost or stolen you can always suspend it through My Verizon so that if someone does have it they won't be able to use it. For steps on how to suspend the device please visit http://vz.to/10j0Iv2.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes