Lost my smartphone a few weeks ago and using a non-smart phone in the mean time. Once I get a new smart phone, will my unlimited data still be there?
scoobytruffles17

I've had an unlimited data plan FOREVER at Verizon and pay the $30/mo for it. I don't see how this should take away my unlimited data, since I'm still paying for the data as I always have and only activated the  non-smart phone for the time being, but I just want to make sure since you never know. Haven't thought twice about it until now so I really hope I'm fine! Thanks so much for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost my smartphone a few weeks ago and using a non-smart phone in the mean time. Once I get a new smart phone, will my unlimited data still be there?
Not applicable

I'm not certain, but I think you will lose your unlimited data after 14 days.  Maybe the fact you didn't cancel it and are still paying for it might save you, although, I'm not aware you can have an unlimited data plan with a basic phone.

0 Likes
Re: Lost my smartphone a few weeks ago and using a non-smart phone in the mean time. Once I get a new smart phone, will my unlimited data still be there?
scoobytruffles17

It's been longer than 14 days Smiley Sad

Thanks for your response! I REALLY hope it is there, I mean, I share a plan with my mom and sister and nothing in the plan has changed other than the fact the phone I have right now can't have unlimited data.

0 Likes
scoobytruffles17

I don't think..

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

how will you get the new phone?

if its a subsidized phone then the data will be gone

if its on CL or ebay, then it should stay

but there is a time limit, usually, for having non smart phones on smart phone lines with data plans

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Since it has been longer than 14 days, it is unlikely you will get your unlimited data back.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes, it's 14 days.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

As everyone else here said, you cannot get it back after 14 days. I have confirmed this with two reps in the past couple weeks while setting up some global services. Sorry!

0 Likes