Losing text messages after KitKat update
MD_Droider
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the KitKat update about a month ago on my Droid Razr Maxx HD. Since that time, I've been regularly losing text messages. I'll see the notification come in at the top of the screen (I even know who sent it if I'm using the device when it comes in), and the Messaging app (default app--that's all I've ever used for texting) shows the number of unread texts. But sometimes when I click on either the notification or the Messaging app, the text message isn't there. I have reset the app to default settings, and sometimes this will make the message appear--but usually not. If I shut down and restart the phone, I lose the message for good and the app goes back to showing no unread texts. This seems to happen most often when someone with an iPhone sends a group text message. Prior to KitKat, I never had a problem with group messages or missing texts. Any idea how I can fix this? I have one waiting for me on my phone now that I can't get.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Losing text messages after KitKat update
MD_Droider
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had deleted all of my text threads already and that didn't solve the problem. I do have quite a few apps on my phone, but I'm not sure how to tell what might be problematic. Per the recommendation below from billsprincess, I've downloaded the Verizon messenger software, made it the default, and so far it seems to be working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bjkimbrell1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem with this new updated version of what in the heck ever! I can't stand or receive text and the ones I do stand or guitar 5 or 6 hours pass the time they were sent to me please fix this issue or tell me how to fix it how do you go and undo whatever y'all done? This is ridiculous!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with messaging on your Droid Razr Maxx HD MD_Droider. I know this is frustrating. Have you tried deleting all old and long text threads you no longer need? I would also remove any problematic apps that may not be compatible with the new software. If you continue to have issues, a hard reset it the last step to perform without an auto restore of your apps to ensure the phone is reset. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
bjkimbrell1
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS OR VERIZON NEEDS TO PAY THIS MONTHS BILL!!!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

And your CAPS LOCK key also was affected by this update.

Another issue that should be added to known problems with Kitty Kat update.

Good Luck

0 Likes
billsprincess
Enthusiast - Level 3

go to the google play store and download the verizon messages

kit kat has totally messed up my phone and my life i am so close to having a nervous breakdown cause verizon wont do jack except keep sending me out the same CPO which is operated by kit kat 4.4.2

MD_Droider
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had deleted all of my text threads already and that didn't solve the problem. I do have quite a few apps on my phone, but I'm not sure how to tell what might be problematic. Per the recommendation below from billsprincess, I've downloaded the Verizon messenger software, made it the default, and so far it seems to be working.

0 Likes