Lollipop update draining battery
sushi3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else notice that the new update is draining the battery. I used to be able to go all day doing everything on my phone including watching a few shows on Netflix without charging my phone until bedtime but every since the new update I have had to charge my phone at least 3 times a day. Is this issue being looked at?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lollipop update draining battery
Not applicable

it takes time for all your apps to adjust to the new system especially if you didn't do a factory reset BEFORE upgrading. Go into setting and look under battery see which apps are using more than usual. Delete the cache and data even uninstall updates then update the apps. Off course back up anything you don't want to lose.

0 Likes
sushi3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry but no. I don't feel like I should have to do all of that (especially go through a FACTORY RESET!!) for a system update that is required. This "improvement" is draining my battery and it shouldn't. It has been more than a few days since the breaking in period and the old system had no problem with any of the apps that were on my phone. The problem needs to be fixed on the other end not my end.

nes4381
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that the problem should be getting fixed on the other end. I read the community forums, contacted LG who gave me a standard "we're sorry" and suggested contacting Google. I did and they suggested a factory reset. Did that and last Monday, and am back to losing battery like I'm running the space station. VERY disappointed in Verizon, LG, and Google. Really tired of being jerked around. Will look at other non Android phones.  Been with Verizon since 2003 and am losing patience with the run around.

nes4381

0 Likes
DannyR1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android OS and Android System are the two big battery hogs according to my stats. My phone basically just sits there since it's so slow that it's hardly useable since the update. You try to type a text message and it freezes for a second or two, in this time you've hit the letter you were typing a few times hoping it would go thru, when it finally does you get the letter repeated for however many times you pressed it so now you have to backspace to clear the extra letters... This update sucks!!!

0 Likes