Lollipop Upgrade 5.0 when will 5.1 be released??
LdZorial
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see there are already a number of reported issues.

What I dont see is the impending release for a fix.

Router resets for IPv6 are only local fixes. My issues are the same frustration.

Excruciatingly slow connection to either a local network or the Verizon network.

All applications requiring a network to operate take several attempts before establishing a connection.

The touch screen suddenly stops working without rhyme or reason.

And yes, the battery performance has reduced significantly.

I know I am late reporting this issue.

With the number of reported issues, what is the RELEASE DATE TO FIX THIS CODE??

Also, please do not respond with the typical fixes. This is a code problem.
The Internet is full of Lollipop upgrade complaints across Android devices.

thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: Lollipop Upgrade 5.0 when will 5.1 be released??
LdZorial
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not find an article on the Verizon webpage. Only in this forum. 

Is this just a location to complain with no results?

After 20 years I moved over to Verizon from Sprint.....does this mean all are carriers are created equal?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LdZorial,

Software updates should enhance the device! We want your device to be issue free. Lets get this fixed. I have sent you a direct message, please respond to the message.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LdZorial
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Customer Support,

Your assistance would be appreciated.

When will the LG G3 phones be updated with the next Android release to fix this issue. This is not equipment specific, not an app issue, not a local router issue. This is a code issue that has been reported on this forum and over the internet too many times for me to count.

So I will ask the question again WHEN WILL THERE BE A NEW CODE RELEASE TO FIX THE WIRELESS AND TOUCH SCREEN ISSUES CREATED BY LOLLIPOP 5.0 ????

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LdZorial,

Verizon Wireless and LG always want you to have the best device experience! Software updates are released to repair and improve the device. We have no info on when the next update wil be released for the LG G3. Keep checking the device software update page http://vz.to/1z8kGDU for new releases.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LdZorial
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Pamela. 

Well obviously there are a number of Verizon users that are experiencing some very negative results from the last Android upgrade.

Next question:  When will the LG G3 receive the Android M update?

(thank you for the link).

Right now as with many other users my $650. USD device is useless.

Thanks.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You are asking questions of Verizon that should be asked of LG. All of these threads are getting tedious. VZW does no coding of software. It is all done by Google then the manufacturer then sent to VZW to send to us. You are placing your anger in the wrong spot.

I will even answer your next argument. Yes, you bought the phone from Verizon but Verizon is only responsible for providing the service to it. They are not the maker of the device and they are not responsible for the technical support. They do that for us for convenience since it is easier to call them or visit their stores than to go to a 3rd party warranty center. Trust me on this. AT&T made me do this and it was over an hour away. You are just as much a customer of LG as you are Verizon. So I would say to get the LG forums and place your anger there. You might get better results.

LdZorial
Enthusiast - Level 2

Code issue not hardware.  May I suggest you google "Lollipop 5.0 upgrade issues".  There are a number of online magazines reporting the issue and warning against the upgrade.

Verizon rolled out the update with no option to decline the upgrade.  Frankly I probably would have trusted the carrier and upgraded without thought.

An enormous mistake for thousands of users experimenting issues on a variety of equipment.

I suppose the next time I experience an issue with a Windows Security update I should reach out to HP or Asus?

That's a novel thought!

Thanks.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon did not write the code. Google did. Then LG wrote their own code over top of it to put in and take out what they wanted. Me? I have been declining the update for WEEKS.

No. You do not contact HP or ASUS if you have a problem with Windows. You contact Microsoft.

You have a problem with iOS, you contact Apple.

A problem with Android, you contact Google.

Not Verizon.

If your Samsung TV stopped working, would you contact your Xfinity?

0 Likes