Lollipop 5.0 bad
jim-R1

I have Samsung note4. Downloaded lollipop 5.0.  In settings when I try to access sounds & notifications, the settings app closes.  I used to go almost two days on a charge, now I barley make one day.  Avoid 5.0 if possible.  Danger

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lollipop 5.0 bad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello jim-R1
We don't want you to feel like this is dangerous! We never want our customers to be upset. Let's address any issues. Let's  try this power down then remove and reinsert the Sim Card and power up in Safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://spr.ly/6583AgO9
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
DannyR1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

This update turned an awesome performing Note 3 into a hardly useable pile of crap.. Why force an update on us and then make us jump through a bunch of hoops to hopefully get our devices working right? My phone worked perfectly before the update, It should work fine afterwards.

Verizon delays system updates for what seems to be an eternity after they've been released for what I can only assume to be testing purposes yet we always have problems. Why not release the updates when they come out it can't be any worse.

stef7
Master - Level 2

The op should try to back up all personal content and perform a FDR. This is a major update and experienced people with the Android operating system over the years on a number of devices and updates have come to the realization that updates are most successful if one performs a FDR post update, and even a pre update FDR.

0 Likes
kmking
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree!  I have a Galaxy S5 and recently updated the software.  It's slow as hell and takes too much space. I had to delete many applications just to even run the update. The numbers appear like blocks on the lock screen.  The notifications are either contain too much information (like the entire text) or none at all ("new content received").  The previous OS at least notified it was a text or email.  It's crap and I want to go back to the other version. 

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I also have the note 4 and experienced the same issues that you are seeing.  After several factory data resets the battery life is better, but it was absolutely horrendous for about 2 weeks.  Apps still crash all the time, the phone freezes etc but the battery life will probably improve.  There are still a bunch of problems with lollipop but if it is any relief, the battery life improves.  If nothing else, you'll have more time to deal with the other problems in between charges. 

0 Likes