Locked out of my Galaxy S6 via FingerPrint detection
tngu3

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 (not edge) Until yesterday, the fingerprint to unlock stopped working. My backup password doesn't work and lastly, I don't recall what the google account is/was, that I created. At this point, i have 3 more tries before it goes into factory reset mode. I don't want to delete my photos and videos.

1. Will the android device manager help?

2. When it asks for the google account to reset my password, what is it actually asking for? I have 3 gmail/google accounts on that phone.

Thanks so much!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Locked out of my Galaxy S6 via FingerPrint detection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tngu3

Getting locked out of a phone is never any fun. Using the android device manager will be your best option to avoid a master reset. You will want to use the main google account that was setup on that device. This usually the first account you set up on the phone during the setup process.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Locked out of my Galaxy S6 via FingerPrint detection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tngu3

Getting locked out of a phone is never any fun. Using the android device manager will be your best option to avoid a master reset. You will want to use the main google account that was setup on that device. This usually the first account you set up on the phone during the setup process.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes