Lock button on Samsung Galaxy Stellar not working
kc207

The side button just completely stopped working after I plugged my phone up to charge, as it was dying. The only way I can get my screen to turn off or go to sleep is by just letting the screen timeout. I also can't use the button to turn my phone on either. I can get the lock screen to appear by plugging the charger in, so I can use it that way. I've tried rebooting it, but I can't get the menu to appear anymore. I've taken the battery out several times, but that doesn't help.

I'm not sure if this is important or not, but the LED indicator didn't work at first while it was charging, but now it shows up red as it should. I can receive incoming texts and calls, and I can send them once I unplug my phone to turn the screen back on. I don't know what to do, the side button is completely useless at this point. I guess I'll try taking the battery out again once it's fully charged. However, my phone is unusable unless I can manipulate it with the charger. Please help me figure out what to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lock button on Samsung Galaxy Stellar not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kc207, it's important that your phone works properly. Is there any signs of damage on your device? Are you able to press the button or does it feel stuck?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kc207

The phone isn't damaged, and I'm able to press the button just fine. I think it fixed itself but I don't know why or how. It started working after I kept tapping the button or holding it down repeatedly, but this was after I had left it alone overnight. It's behaving properly again, but I appreciate your response. Thank you very much!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kc207!

I'm so glad to learn all is OK now! Have a great day and enjoy your week!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes