Location of Photos on Android
jaums
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I want to add a photo that is stored on the phone to an email, I hit 'attach' and I find I have to navigate to DCIM/, Camera to see a list of filenames of photos.  There are no thumbnails, so i can't tell which is the photo I want.  BTW, the "Pictures" folder is empty.

Not sure how my photos ended up where they are--the upgrade to this phone was done by the Tech in the Verizon store and then re-done by me as directed by Tech Support.  Seems logical to have them all in the Pictures folder and then some within folders in that folder.  But without thumbnails .. . .

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

James

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Location of Photos on Android
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model is this?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jaums
Enthusiast - Level 3

Droid Ultra

Also, Gallery does find the photos, including the folders I created for some of the photos under Albums. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you attach an image to an email, you should be able to select it from the Gallery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jaums
Enthusiast - Level 3

From a yahoo email, I hit 'attach' and 'browse files on device' and i get a list of folders:  Android, Music, Podcasts, etc.  One is Pictures, but it is empty.  Gallery does not come up as a choice.  If I open the DCIM folder, then Camera folder, I see a list of my photos by filename, but no thumnails, so I can't find the photo I want.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think I understand your description, I have seen a similar listing for attaching a picture with another application on the HTC Thunderbolt.

You might want to start in the Gallery first to select the photos and then share them. When you share them you can then select the Yahoo application for sending the photos. This way you can preview the photos and know which ones you want to share.

Otherwise you have to go through the Gallery to find the picture and long press it to access the details of the file including the file name. Then you have to remember that file name when you go back to the Yahoo app to select it for attaching to the email.

0 Likes