Limited 4G connection, apps stop working since KK upgrade?
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well it only took about 7 minutes to load this page...I no longer get 4G consistently, have cleared cache and am not willing to call customer support due to ongoing "unusually high call volume".   Not unusual anymore!    Any ideas from users with the same issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Limited 4G connection, apps stop working since KK upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamilynm  We're glad you reached out to us here. Our call volumes have increased and we apologize for the long hold times. However, we can help you right here. We understand there have been issues since the Kit Kat update. All manufactures which released the update working on a fix. In the meantime, some customers have found success with basic troubleshooting. What specific apps are not working?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Facebook, words with friends, Google, internet is spotty and slow. It is what is. Or rather, it is what it WASN'T, which is crap. Thanks anyway.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamilynm,

Sounds like a couple of things taking place with it. Let's get to the bottom of this. What model device do you have? When you wrote that you have cleared cache do you mean the app cache or did you wipe the cache partition? Have you checked the Google Play Store to ensure all app updates have been installed? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled or reset apps that have been having trouble?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cleared the app cache, disabled some, and as I've said before I get update notifications for apps every single day. I couldn't even place a call standing outside my job yesterday, as I had no signal.

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

What do you know - I have less than one bar (signal strength) available and can't load the internet on my phone. Daily problem....and yet- I pay for service. That I don't get. Doesn't make sense to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jamilynm,

Thanks for the additional details! What device do you have? Have you tried powering the device off/on? or removing/adding the sim card to the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive gone through all this 3 times with customer service. Its getting too time consuming. The service sucks, your "tech support" sucks, and I'm looking elsewhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh boy. Your lack of service is concerning to us, jamilynm. Since the update to KitKat, have you done the hard reset. There are times where this is recommended after a large update to the phone.
We still want to know which device you are using.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Motorola Droid RAZR version 4.4.2

0 Likes