Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
no1cntrygrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Battery life is horrible now....

Wifi isn't consistent

Phone randomly freezes

Phone reception is horrible now, and non existent at my home

0 Likes
Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
Amy40

My phone has typically had 50% battery left at the end of the day (meaning around 10pm when I go to bed; and I hadn't plugged in at all during the day). The last two days, since I downloaded this update, my phone has died by 2pm. This is frustrating... guess I have to get used to bringing my charger every where again, which I used to do with my old phone! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

I hear ya. A full charge used to last me about 2 days with moderate use.

Now it dies in roughly 5 hours if I don't use it and am very lucky. My

charger is back in my purse.

I didn't buy my phone for this crap.

gbwhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Immediately after the 5.0 update, while I could still connect to my WIFI, I lost internet access.  I am using the LG G3 phone.  I have reset my modem, turned my phone off and back on, "forgot" the WIFI connection and re-established it, and setup a static IP address.  I even did a "Reset settings."  Nothing worked.  I cannot access the internet over my WIFI connection.

My internet connection continues to work over the WIFI with my tablet and Kindle (none of which use Lollipop), so it's clearly only a problem with the phone.  After reading dozens of websites and spending several hours of trying to fix this, I wish I could go back to the old version.  (I've read that some have done a factory data reset, but to no avail.  Because of the work involved and the fact it doesn't seem to work, I haven't taken this step.)

0 Likes
88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since updating my battery has been draining a lot faster, my wifi keeps turning on and won't stay off, group texting being delayed by up to 4 hours, the phone is sluggish and gets hot all the time now and goes into cooling mode.  I'm a huge Samsung fan but seriously thinking of switching to Apple now after this update.

ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

Since the phone updated on its own.

battery- dead in 5 hours

wifi- it flickers in and out. Hope you weren't looking ar anything important

data service- not even working

*bluetooth- decided it doesn't have to connect to crap

So I traded in a new factory  phone for a refurbished from Verizon the first time.

Now the refurbished has updated itself and works about as good as a paper weight.

Customer Service is laughable

Their answer.... wait a few days after the update (been there done that, didn't work last time)

Hard Reset- for the 13th time. as if we s5 owners haven't been through all this crap.

For those that say oh its not Verizon fault. Verizon is who I pay the bill to.

My phone isn't doing the service I'm paying for.....Again.  How long is too long to pay for something you don't get?

0 Likes
nnicklaus

Ran the update several days ago.  Battery draw seems ok.  Email loads much slower or stalls.  Bluetooth drops out fairly often.  Cloud access drops out fairly often even with G4 and 4 or more bars. I am not a happy person with this upgrade.

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

I just watched my phone lose 1% for 5 minutes.

0 Likes
a_mac1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on my second S5 from Verizon.  The first one ended up having some dead pixel space,  no fault of the upgrade to lollipop. I did have the first release of lollipop and did not see a difference in the rerelease fixing battery drain. I was hopeful that with the refurbished device I was recently provided with would have a different experience only having the rerelease of lollipop installed, I was mistaken in my hope. following guidance from one Verizon store I made sure for an entire day I closed all apps in the task manager to make sure I did not have these apps running unnecessarily in the background.  I also did not turn on location services or Bluetooth.  Upon experiencing the battery completely draining from 8am to a little after 6pm. I also enabled power saving mode for the last 20% which I did not see extending the last bit of power on my phone.  My wife's phone was left on kitKatt and is still running above 50%. This is an extreme inconvenience needing to be tethered near a power outlet. I visited the Verizon store woke doing this asking if my battery could be at fault, the battery is not warped or in any other sort of damage.  To the best of their knowledge what I am experiencing is due to the upgrade. I hope this gets resolved soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi ShanaK,

Software updates should improve the device! It saddens me to hear that this did not occur. Lets get your device back working properly, and thanks for the hard work. What issues exactly is the replacement device experiencing since the update?
Send details

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes