Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
ladyoscar
Enthusiast - Level 2

@DMFwayne I completely agree with you! I was late to work the other day because I had NO idea that my alarm wasn't going to work. In addition, if I am responding to a text message and another one comes in, the text message I am typing gets obliterated. I am NOT happy. This is the WORST incarnation of the Android OS yet. I have done nothing with my phone today. It's been off the charger for only a couple of hours at it's at 86%. Prior to this horrendous update, it would've been at no less than 96% by now. This is incredibly ridiculous. Why should I have to reset my phone to fix an OS update? This is NOT Windows, people! I am horribly disappointed. I have always said I would never get an iPhone, but I have never had issues updating my iPad. Maybe I will get an iPhone after all. Good gravy! Fix this crap!

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaniGirl695,

Oops, I am sorry we are unable to view the screenshots attached. What seems to be using up most of your battery life?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DaniGirl695
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone said...

Screen 8%

Android system 5%

Android os 4%

Game 1%

Game 1%

Messages 1%

Media saver 1%

Facebook 1%

On Mar 10, 2015 7:43 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
zimi61
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I both installed the upgrades at the same time. Nothing but trouble since then. Most of the time only ONE of us has service now when we're together. I have no phone service at the moment. If this persists I think I will need to invoice Verizon for failure to provide services purchased. I use my phone for work and CANNOT be without phone service. I'm connected to wifi, I have been most of the day So far. My battery is already down to 60%and ice only been using it for ~2 hours. The apps and operation are slow. I can't hang up phone calls quickly because the screen doesn't activate. Often when I open my screen the backlight doesn't turn on for more than a minute. I hate the new format for messages+ (I'm not a2 year old who needs bubbles and pictures around special words), but I can't revert or it won't let me text. I'm not impressed by the new tab/window format. I prefer having my chrome tabs in one window, otherwise there get to be too many windows and I like to keep some active which I wouldn't be able to close. My husband's problems are of a similar nature. I think our biggest complaint though is that our mobile service was fine before the update. Now we can be in the middle of the city where we have experienced perfect service and have only one bar or none.

pitbullmommy71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was forced to update my phone Sunday, and I absolutely HATE it!

Battery drains at a drastic rate, even when the phone is sitting idle. ie: Last night while I was sleeping, it lost 25% in a 4 hour period.

Messaging lags, or doesn't work at all.

All app functions - lag or don't work at all.

My notification system doesn't work, even if I set them for high priority.

Alarm does not function unless volume is on phone, even with set at priority.

I loved my phone prior to this update, now I am ready to throw it through my window onto the street...

taztanya10
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG this new update is killing my battery.  I am hoping they come up with a solution fast this is ridiculous.  I switched form apple to android and now this? 

MichaelBee
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone's battery life is now maximum of 6 hours on a full charge after a fresh reboot and nothing launched.  In monitoring the battery and applications, I've learned the 80% of the RAM and battery usage are for 'System Settings' and for the "Android System" and OS.  Even in SAFE MODE the battery is less than half of what it used to be.

I have very few apps, but the ones I have I couldn't live without:  Tasker, WhiteNoise maker, FitBit, Reddit, FB, WordFeud and that's about it...  I guess it COULD be possible that someone would make an OS that isn't compatible with those few apps.

Also, it takes about a minute or two at times for the phone to react after clicking on something from the notification bar:  (e.g. Texts, missed calls, voicemail, etc.)

I've wiped the cache partition, did the factory reset, etc. etc. and it's all just barely made my phone usable.  Prior to doing all of that my phone was draining faster than it could take a charge (while plugged into a wall!)...

jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, Lollipop isnt doing me any favors either. It's slower, battery has to be charged often, and I already had issues with overheating, random reboots, and performance.....I'd say it has a few bugs....Perhaps if verizon stopped loading their bloatware on it, it wouldnt be so bad. I get so sick of having to disable the 10-20 verizon apps that come preloaded on MY phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MichaelBee, we want you to have the best wireless experience possible on your device. Let's try running your device in Safe Mode to determine if a 3rd party application is causing these issues. Click http://vz.to/1LJTXVj  for the steps on how to enable safe mode on your device.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DaniGirl695
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry I'm not michaelbee...

On Mar 10, 2015 11:26 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes