Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
Tidbits
Legend

schtefan wrote:

A lot of this could have been avoided if Verizon would just give user to opt out of the new Software.  Why is that so hard for them to understand?  Ahh I see...Verizon issues a software update...most users have issues with their phone...and are FORCED to get a brand new one of course for a hefty $$ amount.   I am sure my local government officials will be very interested.  Here is another news flash..this FORCED update will cause DOWNTIME on for the user...What happens if an emergency happens ?  No 911 calling?  I see a major suit happening here.  It is time this company gets fined.

Verizon honestly doesn't have a say.  Samsung doesn't warranty devices out of date.  They'll force you to update in order to get tech support.  Since Verizon is the middle man for said warranty they have to abide by that agreement made.

Good luck with the government officials.  It went through courts multiple times in various states with various AGs and all concluded that... you are SOL.  Even with the 911 carriers and manufacturers are not held liable... Shoot even E911 says it isn't a fail proof thing. Even 911 from landlines isn't fail proof.  The higher the tech the more things that can go wrong it happens.

0 Likes
Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
srosenb70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the update, my wifi will not stay connected. My phone constantly scans and I cannot stop it. My battery life stinks. It has drained 5 percent since I opened this thread. prior to this, I have had constant issues with wifi connection and have racked up a ton of data costs. Now, wifi is a problem everywhere. Cannot even connect at work. I am very disatisfied and frustrated. I have tried multiple things to fix the problem with no success. I quite frankly want my iPhone back.

srosenb70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not to mention, the data usage charged I am incurring because of the wifi issue. I have to pay extra for data usage that I did not choose. Thanks

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

If you go into WiFi setting and unchecked the smart network. Lollipop automatically checked that on my phone when it updated. That's what let's the WiFi jump to your data. Unchecked it. Then you should be pure wifi.

0 Likes
AztecLily

This upgrade is the WORST!! I wish I had ignored it.  My phone is soooooo slowwwwwwww now. When I try to open an app it takes forever. The battery won't stay charged for more than a few hours. When I have a bluetooth connected to it, it will suddenly disconnect the device for no reason at all and although the call is still active through the handset (because I can hear the person talking) there is no evidence of the call still being live ie no current call info in full screen nor in the little box in that comes up in the corner. I have done the "wipe cache partition" thing and it didn't help at all. I'm about to trash this thing and go back to my iPhone.

0 Likes
zmfc

This update is absolutely terrible.  Battery drain is ridiculous, everything on my phone is INCREDIBLY slow now. WiFi is slower than 4G.  The layout is terrible.  Everything about this update sucks. I basically don't even want to use my phone at this point.  Like everyone else here, I really wish I hadn't updated.

0 Likes
Jeremy177

I just installed this update.  Should have never done it.  Phone worked great and all features were there.  Now my most used function, music, doesn't display on the home lock screen anymore.  I can no longer mute, change songs, etc. from this lock screen.  On top of that other features seem to have significantly changed.  Wish I could go back easily.  I'd do it right now!!!

0 Likes
MzMJames80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issues! I want to restore back to the old version

0 Likes
a_mac1
Enthusiast - Level 1

An update on where I stand after completing clearing the cache and a hard reset I am noticing a nominal improvement in battery life.  I am remaining vigilant to close applications via the task manager.  I do have several % more battery life by the end of the day but this is only the case when having relatively light use (checking email and related social networks mid day and taking 1 or 2 phone calls).  I wouldn't say this has brought me to my prior battery performance in KitKat.

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

So i'm phone #3. One which a Verizon Tech support guaranteed me I would not have the issue with my S5 that I had with the new one I bought and the replacement I got the 1st time. And yes I copied the conversation.

My Replace #3

I have 5 hours of battery life when I don't use it at all.

If I use it, oh boy it drops to 1/3.

*No on kitkat I had the advertised 480 hours of idle, and at least 27 of usable.

Wifi- Still kicks in and out. Watch for lollipops smart network too because you can bleed data.

Bluetooth- Soundbots still not connecting for any length of time.

Phone freezes up anytime I try to make a phone call and look up someone number.

And this time around my phone is getting hot.

0 Likes