Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Battery- dies insanely fast now. If I travel anywhere I need to be plugged in to the car. I can't use it either for anything like I used to. Music- no, Texting in a group-not unless I want the message to get through hours later if at all.

Wifi- is now a complete joke it flickers in and out so much thats its useless.

Data- well that shows i have signal but won't pull up anything.

Bluetooth- won't connect for any length of time to my soundbots.

The whole thing will freeze requiring me to remove the battery to restart the phone.

**The same crap that happened the first time around.

0 Likes
Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi NNicklaus,

Software updates should improve the device! Lets get you back on the happy ship. Have you powered the device off/on since the update? Are you receiving any error messages when the Bluetooth drops out?

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
nnicklaus

I have not received any error messages - just dropouts and very slow responses (eg with email (always)) and sometimes with web/cloud) in comparison to pre-lollipop.

I have both restarted the device as well as full powered off and on at least 20 times since the update and the start of the problems.

Neal

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
dclightkeeper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Battery drains in a few short hours.  Using original charger. 

Bluetooth drops calls to handset daily, particularly when stopped at traffic light and it changes.

FB takes forever to do anything.

have been running in Safe Mode removing suspect apps.

Ready to switch phones...not happy anymore...loved my S5.

ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

I encountered something new.  While waiting for my phone to magically self heal itself.  Not only does the battery drain extremely fast.  I spent 7 hours with the phone off charging on original charger, to only get 87%.  So fast charge loss and turtle slow charging.

0 Likes
cookiecomet

I am having problems with this touchwiz home screen thing. I followed instructions to pick my touchwiz. Everything it told me to do I did. But it keeps constantly popping up asking which one I want to use. I pick. It tells me to go to task manager and clear defaults so that I can pick. I did this. then I selected the one that I wanted. Then it tells me to hit home key again after I selected. So I followed instruction, next it asked me the same dang question which one do I want to use. Once again I selected. I have done this at least 50 times in the past day since the update on my Note 3. Please fix before I "accidentally" feed it to some gators or better yet leave it on top of my car as I drive off to another cellular service.

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

Soooooo S5 # 3 is apparently on it's way and going to be the one that works.

Original S5-  borked by lollipop

Replacement S5- borked by lollipop

2nd Replacement, 3rd  S5-  Might be the lucky charm. Maybe..... if it doesn't update.

So fed up with Verizon right now. Why did I move to you? Because it feels like a completely stupid move and all my fault.

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

Unacceptable to do a hard reset and wipe.  That means all my download aps and data is GONE.  This is NOT good customer service.  I see this update as hitting the news media real soon.  Good job Verizon...FAIL as usual.  I for one am calling Channel 8 local TV to review.  Verizon...here is a simple fix...INSTALL AN UPDATE OPTION TO NOT INSTALL...IDIOTS---

seeburt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought the problem was fixed after the I reset my phone. It was basically ok; then came another update and my battery lasts about 2 to 3 hours with moderate use. What I consider moderate use is looking at Instagram, posting likes on FB and the occasional  comment, 1 to 3 texts and 1 to 2 phone calls per charge. They've given me the whole spiel about power saving mode, tuning off location, turning off data... and I've done it, but this is kind of ridiculous! We are basically turning off our phone to solve a problem that Verizon/Samsung created. I didn't buy by phone or pay a premium for service to be treated like this. I have been a customer since this was Pacific Bell and service has become worse and costs have sky rocketed. How much worse can #2 or 3 carrier be at this point!! Judging from all the posts I think Verizon will be seeing a lot of people jump ship in the next couple of years.

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

A lot of this could have been avoided if Verizon would just give user to opt out of the new Software.  Why is that so hard for them to understand?  Ahh I see...Verizon issues a software update...most users have issues with their phone...and are FORCED to get a brand new one of course for a hefty $$ amount.   I am sure my local government officials will be very interested.  Here is another news flash..this FORCED update will cause DOWNTIME on for the user...What happens if an emergency happens ?  No 911 calling?  I see a major suit happening here.  It is time this company gets fined.