Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
BlueRebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone does not work half the time went to verizon and they said nothing they could do until Samsung released a fix.  I think Verizon should credit our accounts until then for a phone that will not work.

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

The new lollipop update SUCKS!!! my battery lasts me 4 hours even when i dont have any apps running. i was at work today and cant use my phone so i have my phone on silent in sleep mode and by the time i got off work only 4 hours later my phone was completely dead. How is this happening? what can i do to fix this? my phone is only a couple months old. is there a new version of lollipop coming out soon to fix this?

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I was told by a good source that they are still working on version 5.1 for S5 but when and if it's ready...it should solved some current issues.

seeburt
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI - I was suffering from a sluggish phone and a battery that seemed to die in a matter of hours after the update. I was thoroughly pissed! I ended up calling Verizon tech support and they reset my phone for me. I believe my phone is back to where it was prior to the update. I know they gave some instructions on how to do a hard reboot, but I wasn't comfortable with that so I'm glad I called in. Good luck!

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

A happy ending.    Smiley Happy

Bar-j701
Enthusiast - Level 2

The worst problem that i have after the update is my email gets very sluggish and unable to finish it with out locking up.  Then i have to shut down and restart phone. please repair.  Sometimes text messages get sluggish. i keep most large size app on SD card to free up phone resources so i have enough ram for a what i need to do. Numerous apps wont go to the SD card.  That didnt help much.  So i think the problems are with the Android OS. My Battery Life could use real improvement too. Still wont go full 12 hrs. j

BlueRebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

For you  mine is still screwed up. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

i called tech support a few days ago and was pushed to level 2. we downloaded the new patch which seemed to kinda help. my phone still only lasts me a couple hours before it dies but it quit getting hot and showing the cool down alert until yesterday now it shows cool down again. so im waiting for a response from tech support. not sure what the next step is but im thinking about switching to the droid turbo.

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

also my phone is still having issues with sending text messages. sometimes it sends right away sometimes it takes at least 12 hours

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

Well they replaced my lollipop infested s5 with a rolled back version of the s5.

I shut down all upgrade possibility on the phone.  It just upgraded to kitkat. And my texts aren't going through, and my Bluetooth which I never had a problem with just decided it doesn't want to connect with anything.

Phone still does basic functioning though, which is better than what it did on lollipop.

0 Likes