Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

That's their definition of troubleshooting...trying to blame the user rather than admitting the device is obviously at fault....Make you take the time to wipe the phone then reload it all...hoping the whole time you'll just suck it up and keep paying the bill to deal with it until you can upgrade again....

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

I wouldn't hold your breath. I was trying to get them to do something for me other than an S5 replacement. I finally gave in and took one just so it could be documented that I tried it their way. When the new device does the same thing, I can't wait to say I told you so....I used to do tech support for Apple...I know that they have ways to work the system to make customer's happy....they just don't want to. I hate Apple with a passion but they would take better care of me....I will just never turn to the Apple Side....

0 Likes
djcjcon123

I have not noticed a slower phone yet, BUT my Samsung Galaxy 5 no longer has the notification light blinking --- for text messages, app notifications, phone calls, voicemails - anything. I even reset notifications, and made sure that the 'notification LED light' is turned on.  But nothing - no colors.

I powered down and wiped the Cache partition too and that didn't help.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
wpendergrass_nm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have much the same problems as most people listed here. I installed the 5.0 update within days of its release for Verizon customers back in February. The phone's battery drains incredibly quickly, usually having to be charged fully at least twice a day from normal use (only making a few phone calls, moderate texting, occasional email, etc.). The phone/battery gets hot and enters cooling mode at least a couple times a week, sometimes while it is not being used. The interface is incredibly slow. Apps take far longer to launch now. Contacts keeps crashing. The actual phone capability is very slow (after using the controls to answer or place a call, it takes several seconds longer than pre-5.0 update to connect). App updates through the Play Store take MUCH longer than they did prior to the update to download and install. Occasionally, I lose cell service for a few minutes for no apparent reason. After looking at the battery usage information, what's using the most battery is the OS, by far!

Wiping the partition cache/cache partition did not fix ANY of the problems for me. I have not tried a factory data reset yet, as I am very hesitant to do so. Please, Verizon & Samsung, fix this problem soon!

MichaelBee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry.  I don't want to 'like' your post, but the more we all post in here about the same things the more of a chance SOMEONE might listen to us...  The squeaky wheels need some grease!

Tidbits
Legend

6 years of history proves that it doesn't...

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Unfortunately if you've tried a cache wipe and were unsuccessful, i think your best bet is the very thing you are avoiding. The nature of Android OS almost demands a FDR following a major update. Some people are claiming the FDR resolved their issues, and yes, some not. I wouldn't hold out hope that another OTA is going to magically fix your phone. It would likely require a FDR subsequent to its install to return the device to  proper operation. Just one person's perspective.

JohnBoy44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had issues right after the update.  I tried clearing my cache and rebooting.  Here's what I found worked.  I did a factory reset and set the phone up from scratch.  I did not let it restore from a back up.  My phone works perfectly.

GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

My headache is that I DON'T WANT YOUR STUPID OTA UPDATE!

I have an HTC Droid DNA that bricked in my pocket at church because I butt-accepted the OTA (thank goodness for the insurance, but the replacement came with the update already applied...  😕 ).  So now the updated OS includes features I hate,including my camera used to have an 'always visible' zoom, now I have to pinch zoom to make it appear, which makes for sloppy videos.  I am aware this is not primarily a camera, but now it's less of a camera than it was, and I wish I'd had the option to not update

I also have a Samsung Note 4 which pops up the request to install the update every 60 seconds or so.  I desperately wish they'd give us an option to ignore indefinitely.  I haven't had good luck with updates.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your're hesitant on doing a factory reset pitbullmommy71. At times applications can interfere with your device functions. We want you to be able to enjoy the device. You should not lose any of your information as long as you back up http://vz.to/1JujJh3 your device prior on doing the master reset. Can you tell me exactly what you are experiencing before we even do the reset?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes