Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
MichaelBee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have already done all of that.  Safe Mode shows that the OS is taking up much more of my phone's resources than normal.

Bottom line is this:  I don't have time nor did I sign up to be a BETA tester for Samsung.  I would expect that everything gets vetted out before rolling out a massive OS that is one way (no reverting back to the old OS).

Samsung just lost another customer.  Now I just have to wait until you (Verizon) get the Nexus....

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
Tidbits
Legend

So you'd rather be a beta tester for Google...

Snn5
Legend

Oh, now that WOULD be a headache.

pitbullmommy71
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is it that all of us are experiencing the same exact issues directly AFTER the update? Customer Service, please note that this is a OS problem, and nothing else!

jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

It has to cause enough headache that replacing it with another S5 wont fix the issue or its just a waste of time in general to ask them to document anything.....

0 Likes
manscape
Enthusiast - Level 1

My question would be. If all the background apps and all systems are up to

date and running, how would that cause the phone to 1- use less

power/battery life and 2 - not heat up while sitting unused for long

periods of time?

RC72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bad idea to launch the OS upgrade...battery needs to recharged like 2-3 times a day, it over heats a lot.  VERY Laggy, it kicks me out to applications.  Constant pop up window saying Contacts not responding.  It reboots on its own.  Waiting for applications to open up once you tap on the icon...sometimes it'll take a minute to appear if it appears at all.  I cannot afford to have a phone like this since I am out and about on the road and rely on it.  Please help, do something or move me to another phone.  This is really bad!!!!

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Good luck getting another phone. Prepare to have them ask you to wipe it and have to reload your data, and forget even getting another phone. It would take every user of this device having issues to the point where replacing it with another S5 wont fix it before they consider it.....

pitbullmommy71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why should we be forced to do a Factory Reset & lose all of our data for something that is so obviously the OS fault? Don't they test these things before sending them out???

RC72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know what you mean, been there done that....I have never had a phone this bad, had issues with other phones, but boy this takes the cake...lol  Let's see what happens.