Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think he's trying to trash Verizon. He, like me and lots of other s5 owners just want Verizon to know the problems and would like them to resolve these problems soon. I'm sure they are working on it. Meanwhile, we wait with a device that used to run flawlessly on Kitkat but now lags terribly and runs out of power by mid-day. Just frustrated that they failed to properly vet this software prior to pushing it out that's all. With all that being said, Verizon In my opinion is still and always has been the best of the best hands down.  No other provider even comes close.

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If we on the forum and Verizon know of these issue we can all work better together to find a fix. I would like Verizon to give us some heads -up time and when they see that it's a big problem shut it down. Thank you for your reply Salisbury     Smiley Happy

Snn5
Legend

Yes, apparently so. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon is the last place you want to know. Google knows the problem. Manufacturers to appease the masses released the updates too early instead of waiting for 5.1. A lot of issues would have been solved.

Also Samsung should be getting the bug reports. It'll go a lot farther and faster to get them fixed. Especially if you can reproduce the problem and also have logs.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Well said and true. Everyone wants it even before it's baked and Google is still debugging... But give the customer what they think they want , it sells phones and makes money but not happy customers when it hit home.

ChrisHeery
Enthusiast - Level 1

Performed the  5.0 update and for the most part my S5 operates similar to KitKat. The new features like Download Booster and Smart Lock are nice. My only issues so far are running hotter than before and the consistent white backgrounds of 5.0. With KitKat, the S5 rarely ran warm except under very heavy usage. Now under 5.0, it will run warm under basic usage. I've noticed that the CPU is jumping to full speed much more often under Lollipop than it did with KitKat which would explain the temperature differential. On the other this is a Google design desicion, but it would make sense to give a color palette choice to users especially of AMOLED devices since a black background would use much less battery over time.

0 Likes
Outside572

The update in itself went smoothly. Once it updated though, Google Play Services refused to update, which caused several other issue, such as severe delay in receiving text message and emails, and unable to update apps. I also noticed a lagginess in the system. I had to manually update Google Play Services, since it would not allow me through normal means. It also would not recognize that I enrolled for the Advance Calling 1.

I did end up doing a factory reset, which did resolve the lagginess. It also came back on with Advance Calling activated. I'm not sure if this is a design oversight, or if it is intentional, but in the contacts, the 'Mark as Default' option disappears after you link a contact with their Facebook account.

0 Likes
DMFwayne
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just because you have no issues, doesn't mean you have to compare it to "worthless apps that continually update".  Obviously there are not millions of people online complaining right now about the update, so it can't be everyone (but the search Samsung S5 Lollipop issues brings up over 1.2 million results) .  It's great to know that you are one of the lucky ones.  Now, I know this is hard to imagine, but think about if you were NOT one of the lucky ones.  Do you think you would want to hear your non-expert opinion previous commenter?

Verizon, you have to do something about this update.  There are lots of issues in usability, as well as some that are detrimental to daily use when silence is needed, but you still have to know if an email/text comes through.  Why would you want to set an alarm in your alarm clock, but not have it work because you silenced your phone the night before so you COULD SLEEP?  This makes absolutely NO sense.  I would also like to be able to look down in a meeting and see if I have a text/email without having to unlock my phone.  The battery usage is HORRIBLE.

Why do we need to see Verizon Wireless across the top of our notification panel when we already see it (and know who our provider is) multiple other times.  Why were items that were never complained about before changed?

I hate to say it, but I used to be an iPhone fanboy, but this is the type of "our way or the highway" stuff that made me leave them. 

and before anyone comments that I need to root my phone or just download another app to fix my complaints, this was NOT an issue before, so it should NOT be an issue now.  My cache was cleared, which did not help, and now I have factory reset my phone.  It still sucks.

Jilldiny
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very well said DMFwayne. These are the very same issues I have had since the update. I've taken ALL of the recommended steps to fix,  but to no avail. Happy for all that had a seamless transition, but there are a lot of us that did not. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

crispycritter7036
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S5 is slow and glitchy after the 5.0 update.  WiFi loses connection and battery is horriable.  Enters cool down.  Heats up very quickly

0 Likes