Let Verizon know here that your leaving because of the Nexus 5
acsmashing
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is your spot to show Verizon you are fed up with their antics with treating their Nexus customers like garbage! Simply respond with "I'm leaving Verizon" in this thread. The phrase "I'm leaving Verizon" should be the first line of your post. Include in your post whatever else you want to comment on, but make sure that the first line has the phrase

I'm leaving Verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Let Verizon know here that your leaving because of the Nexus 5
blegh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm leaving Verizon

Programmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contract is up in December.  Once it is...

I'm leaving Verizon

AZSALUKI
Legend

they didn't get the nexus 4 either, did they? just curious....why didn't leave over that?

0 Likes
armaki
Contributor - Level 1

Already done!

I feel sorry for the poor souls who are stuck with VZW. This forum is like the regime of the North Korean dictator.

aspseattle

<< Duplicate post removed.  See for original post >>

0 Likes
acsmashing
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe because we were locked into a Verizon contract? I know many people who are just waiting for their contract to expire.

JediLoki
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will be leaving Verizon

Got a call from the a customer service rep on their "loyalty" program this morning wanting to talk to me about making sure I was getting the best deal I could on my plan (aka I am grandfathered in on unlimited data, time to get me off call).

I told her not to fret, Verizon would soon have me off my unlimited data plan....since they did not want to support the Nexus 5, I did not feel the need to support them with continued $$$.

She proceeded to say that she was pretty sure they could connect a Nexus 5, I would just have to switch to a new tiered data plan.    She would need to double-check with a tech to be 100% sure.   I told her if they could connect it, I would stay, but otherwise I was planning on getting the Nexus 5, and would be leaving otherwise.

Still waiting for that call back on connecting the Nexus 5.....

morphine10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me just say that I am not a VZN customer but was looking HARD at switching to them. I had it narrowed down th the 5S and Nexus 5 that I was going to activate on big red. I am so tired of Sprint (16 yrs) and the horrible network that I ordered a Nexus 5. I want VZN to know that not only is it costing them existing customers but also people who would have signed up.  I'm not going to let a company tell me what is and is not on my property. Thanks to you for posting here and letting me know. They do have the best network according to friends but..... they don't seem to care about customers. I'm starting with AIO once my phone gets here.

Another thing I've noticed is they never reply in these forums. At least Sprint does that, doesn't make a difference but they try. Apparently you are customers with no voice. I own verizon stock, maybe time to sell.

NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

At least that customer service rep was correct in telling you that'd she'd have to check with a tech first. There is no band 13 on the Nexus 5 for LTE which is what Verizon's current LTE network runs on. They are just starting a band 4 rollout which the Nexus 5 supports, but it'll be a while before that is rolled out. There's no way Verizon would put that phone on its network when it'd just be a 3G phone at this point in time.

In reality, Verizon would need a different version of the Nexus 5 to support band 13. Even if this was accomplished now in the next few months, you are looking at the Galaxy Nexus experience all over again. If that is satisfactory like it was for me (I used to own Galaxy Nexus), then I do have sympathy for those people who want the Nexus 5.