Led notification in new htc one m8 not working
Dandybal

The led notiication in my new htc one are not working. Anyone having this issue with their new htc one?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Led notification in new htc one m8 not working
2jamiller2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get those notifications flashing for you Dandybal. You have a great phone and it needs to be fully functional. Have the LED light worked at all? Please go to Settings, Display, Gestures & Buttons then Notification lights. Please make sure everything is set up correctly and turned on. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
2jamiller2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked all the setting and have rebooted the phone several times.  Nothing seems to correct the issue.  The LED notification light still only works while it is charging.  I'm taking it in to the Verizon store today to get it exchanged. 

0 Likes
Dandybal

I exchanged the phone yesterday at a verizon store and the new one has the same issue-notication lights not working. We did a factory reset at the store and issue was not fixed. I think htc has to issue a software update on this.

0 Likes
aplam5

this is due to a fault with the backup file when copying from another device? Have you copied data/apps from another phone?. It seems to be stopping the LED light. I recommend backing up your phone, resetting the device, then manually bringing across any apps one at a time. Has worked for others!!

0 Likes
aplam5

I just did it and it now works 🙂 Light is flashing when i get a text!! Just a slow process of adding apps back in. Long night ahead. Also i didn't delete photos or music or pictures so you dont need to do that.

0 Likes
2jamiller2
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE:  I took the phone into the Verizon store and they did a hard factory reset and it still did not work, so they exchanged it for another device and not it works. 

0 Likes
novabrg

I was having the same issue, until I read that it has to do with the initial set up of the device. Unfortunately, it does require a factory reset. As it's booting up, you need to "uncheck" the restoring of all of your Google apps at the beginning. You then have to manually add the apps that you want. It was actually great for me, because before I reset, I had all these Samsung apps from my GS3 automatically restored from my initial setup. I have a flashing notification light now. It doesn't matter how many devices you go through, if you or the Verizon rep just breeze through everything in the beginning, you will continue to have the same problem.

0 Likes
Tolmul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dandybal wrote:

The led notiication in my new htc one are not working. Anyone having this issue with their new htc one?

To fix your LED light for text messages is to go into Settings>Wireless and Networks>More. Then change Default SMS App to Messages. Viola note your status light will blink when you get text messages. Whatever Messaging app you choose as your Default should start you getting your notifications again.

0 Likes