Leaving Verizon due to harassment from company - very angry customer
rebmonster
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the past 2 or 3 months now i have been receiving automated phone calls from a Verizon automated recording. i have done everything in my power to try and get them to stop and they won't. I even went so far as to have them block the numbers themselves... the automated machine called me from a new number... no respect for a paying customers wishes at all. Thia isn't a complaint about 1 or 2 calls a month... this is a complaint based on 2 to 4 automated calls a day!

For some reason they refuse to help me and refuse to stop calling me. If i didn't have such a busy schedule, i would certainly file harassment charges against them in  a court of law. However, since my time is more valuable to me than anything Verizon has to offer, i am just cancelling my account and moving to another company. i would rather give my monthly payment to another company that respects my wishes!

i have been with Verizon for years... but as time passes, this company gets worse and worse. If you're new to Verizon i recommend switching to another company before you start getting harassed too. As i understand it... i am not the only one having these problems.

They don't care about you or your wishes... they would rather harass a paying customer to death to try and get more money from them rather than treat you with dignity and respect. They say they respect your privacy... but they don't. Because if they did, THEY WOULDN'T CALL YOU 3 TO 4 TIMES A DAY!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Leaving Verizon due to harassment from company - very angry customer
Snn5
Legend

You don't say why they call you.  Why do they call you? 

0 Likes
rebmonster
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got an email from Snn5 asking me the question below:

"You don't say why they call you.  Why do they call you? "

They think I am a spanish lady. They say a change has been made to my account... they then ask if i am indeed this person, if so, press 1. If not, press 2.

I then press 2. the recording then tells me to ask the lady to call them. ?? this mystifies me to no end... it doesn't make any logical sense at all... because it doesn't give me more options.

They then send me a text message... saying If i want to send a personal message as a text to voice message Reply Y... they charge you .25cents for this service. So in order for me to try and get them to stop harassing me, i have to pay them a quarter!!?? In desperation, i paid the quarter. My text to them was "Stop calling me and stop texting me".

About an hour later i get another text message relaying to me that a real person got my message.

But the calls didn't stop.

I went into my local Verizon outlet yesterday, again in desperation, and asked them to block the numbers themselves. They did (reluctantly). - Then, 8pm last night, another call from a different number.

I've had enough of this! i don't have the time for this kind of non-stop, persistent behavior from you guys.

I pay my bill... i don't want to receive phone calls from Verizon at all!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And when you call Verizon about this suspicious and illogical call they can not tell you why they think your account has been changed?  So, since you have had this number for years and have left it unchanged, there's no way that someone else had it before you at Verizon i should think.  And, you are sure it is not a scam?  And you haven't installed any app (trucaller, mr number, etc...) that might allow you to block SPAM calls?  Have your forwarded the spam messages to 7726 (SPAM)?  Sounds like you may also be trying to send text messages to a landline and there is a charge for that since it converts text to speech to do so.

rebmonster
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all... the recording starts with the familiar Verizon intro and they inform me that it is a call from Verizon Wireless.

Second of all... i don't install apps on my phone. i don't use them, i don't have the need to use them.

That being said, I don't think its spam, i don't think its a third party trying to rip me off. It is Verizon trying to get their mitts on this Spanish lady.

And yes. i did send a text to the land line initially not realizing it was a land line. That was the first time i got the text to voice message. i didn't pay it at the time. but the calls kept coming and coming to the point of where i felt i had no choice.

The new number that called has been now been set to go to my voice mail box (little do they know i don't use that either). But this ISN'T a fix!

I shouldn't be getting the call to begin with and it now has become a matter of principle.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I suppose all I can say is maybe it is a collections call from a Verizon-represented agency and somehow the phone numbers were mixed up.  If you are unable to use an app on your smartphone that uses apps 24/7 (why you have a smartphone I'm not sure) to block calls and spam and if Verizon cannot rectify the situation, I suppose you'll need to find another avenue such as changing your number.  I haven't heard of this happening in a long while and haven't seen a post with this issue in a very long time on the forum either.  Most of those were spam/scam calls in those instances.  Remember, if you take your number to any other carrier, the same will continue to happen.  In the end, you'll have to change your phone number if this does not cease.

0 Likes
rebmonster
Enthusiast - Level 3

i'll be leaving the number with Verizon when i leave.

Not taking the chance that they will ever be able to contact me again.

rebmonster
Enthusiast - Level 3

by the way... my phone can use apps. I choose not to access them whenever possible.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You should look into a flip phone with your next carrier.  Might be less expensive since you don't use what you pay for now.

0 Likes
rebmonster
Enthusiast - Level 3

advice noted.

Verizon should be ashamed of themselves. I don't think Snn5 is a moderator nor any kind of customer service representative. He though, has the curiosity to find out exactly what seems to be the problem.

i guess i should get used to be being ignored by a company i give money to every month.

Verizon has gotten just as bad as Adobe and Apple. Anything for a buck... but you got a problem... forget it. They're not interested.