Re: Last software update cripples Motorola Razrs-> why?
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Both of our Razrs do this daily, I can't afford this happening with a big(for me) radio station spot/ad coming out next week. Ten years a customer, don't think they care any longer. Good luck.

Verizon's self-imposed deadline is 2:14pm tomorrow, that will be the 48 hour mark.

Bill is paid, last phone on contract drops 3/14/2014. I owe them nothing after that.

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

42 hours waiting for Verizon supervisor or somebody who has the power to actually DO something about this situation.

I can't let Verizon screw up my advertising push next week with the problems I'm having with my phones, I've essentially given up (back-burner until I meet up with Bob (removed) (again anyway) and tried to upgrade these Verizon-pushed maintenance patch crippled Razrs for new phones with a 2 year contract and can't do that either.

I'm still trying to fathom the logic of a 'early termination fee' from 2012 when I've been a customer for ten years.

I don't care what Verizon's accounting system says, it's Verizon's mistake and I'd like to find somebody who has the power to correct that mistake.

Helloooooooooo? Anybody home?

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Turns out there was no supervisor, Jamaal lied to me. They even know who the guy is. I don't want him fired, not going to start a boycott. I'd forgive all of Verizon's sins if they'd send me a video of this guy getting smacked in the back of the head. Not with a baseball bat, just a firm hand.

But I digress.

Went to AT&T to transfer numbers and get working phones. Go through the process and Verizon Strikes! That erroneous 'early termination fee' in 2012 blocks the shot for the Win! Forced into paying fee to get working phones*... from Verizon.

*Two Galaxy S4's. One white which works fine, one black that tried burning my house down. Seriously, it got hot as hades just sitting there charging. Trying to figure the cause, probably end up at Verizon tomorrow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly look into this further Yeehaw404 and see how a previous ETF is affecting your account now. Did you possibly have another account? Please respond to my follow request (MarquiaF_VZW) and send me a direct message.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TannarDarr

I have the Droid 4.   I'm waiting for a slide out keyboard that is worth a crap.  The Droid 4 is a SOLID device.

After the last update, it:

Lags like a gold fish swimming in cold honey.

won't run ANY app correctly.  (slight hyperbole, but only slight)

Screws up texts.

Sucks up battery.

hangs up.   I can go on.

Here's the deal, as a client, first off I was under the unlimited data.
You took that away, unless I Pay your full "made up" hyper inflated pricing on phones that is not reflective of real value.

I prefer the slideout. That option is going away.

I paid good money for a device to do a job.

It appears to force me out of my investment, verizon has jacked with the device in the last upgrade to make me go buy a new one.

I'm on the cusp of saying screw it and switching carriers.  Everything about this smells premeditated and malicious/manipulative.  IF IT IS OR IS NOT premeditated is irrelevant, once I lose trust, you lose a client.  

Why is my investment, that is still a FINE DEVICE forced out and I'm forced to reinvest?

That makes the ACTUAL value of your phone's much less.  It's like buying a new car, that you should drive for 150K miles if you take care of it.. and at 30K it self destructs.

The only option I have is, factory reset.  Which will cause me to invest a whole day of my life to fixing what should not be broken.

I will invoice you for the value of a day in my life based on my income.  You will owe me $400.00 for the 8 hours of work.

If I'm doing this, then I'm either using my "LIFE TIME" or my "WORK TIME". 

The answer is buy a new phone one more time and hope this is the last time this occurs. 

There isn't one that suits my need.

The next answer is ATT, TMOBILE, etc.

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Factory reset won't help. They'll want you get into safemode, won't help. I've done the research, trust me on this one.

What everyone, and that's pretty much anyone with a Motorola android device, is waiting for is a patch to fix the patch. Motorola will admit this, Verizon will not. lol.

I got stuck between a rock and a hard place, marginally working Razrs with a big advertising push this week. I had to buy my way out and I'm not thrilled by the fact.

Sent via a brand-new another two year commitment Verizon Galaxy S4 as of Saturday night

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Btw Verizon tech folks-> the extreme heat while charging on the Galaxy S4 is directly related to the 'your wireless connection is unstable' issue. The battery drains while trying to get that stable connection while trying to auto switch between wireless and cell signal, if you're charging at the time, you'll burn your house down.

Remedy? uncheck 'auto network switch'. Calms everything down and doesn't impact data allowance.

I did the work, profit by it.

0 Likes
TannarDarr

I'm on the cusp of the metaphorical brick with the GOOD BYE note on it

thrown through their largest plate glass window....

It's thuggish buffoonery.

The kicker is, they expect me to pay them, to treat me like I'm a totally

dependent idiot.

I'm the sorta butt that will start a revolution over something like

this. Principle means something to some of us.

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah well $5k worth of advertising vs $198 worth of principle. You're absolutely right, I should tank my business over it.

Lord.

0 Likes
Rsy325
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to wait until Wednesdays when new phones purchased online will be activated.  Need to meke sure my Gran fathered contract reverts back to original.  Then will be running on No contract & Free. After hearing several ppl being charged  because vzw claims they never recieved phones sent back....I'm quite nervous. But talking to Fed-Ex because my hands never touched the new shipped phones from verizon, I should be okay. Hmmm. Its that word 'Should Be' I Should be on my old contract, rep told me a request has been submitted.  Oh boy!!   Yeehaw you mentioned  possible work thru a Raido Station, perhaps you can piut a S/O  about android phones / Verz to listeners maybe get something going..... is that legal?  Heard a class action in works, I also believe neighbor said it was Change.org website.