Re: Last software update cripples Motorola Razrs-> why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details Yeehaw404. As we are already in DM via Twitter, then we can use that method to continue troubleshooting to avoid duplication.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rsy325
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm, wonder if that  ISP company has only 3 letters in it.  Look where that company is today. ( if we are talking same Co.) I am so frustrated & fed up w/ the poor customer service. Sure I have had a handful of very helpful VZW Support techs. I know most of  time it isn't their fault. The sweet sounding REPETITIVE advice they give, I'm sure they are reading from their computer screens. The greed VZW has now & the way they treat their loyal customers is sickening.  Ive been reading Many different forums, the answers they (vzw support) give always the same. Calling customer service is always the same...due to high volume of calls blah blah blah.  Think this company is ripping many hard working ppl off. Paying for a service that many are NOT receiving. I talked to a rep this morning @ the store, went in to see why my 4g wasn't even hitting anything higher than a 0.63 d/l. I then showed him my test speeds after 1am. My husband works nights & I was up & down last night.. 3-4 different times I did a speed check. I showed him the saved results. His expression on his face needed no words. @1:30am I had a 10.99 d/l  @3:00am a 10.96 @4:30 had a huge never seen before 21.70 @ 8am was 6.22 last several times today im back to vzw high 4g speed of 0.35 Seriously!! He told me that is def a problem. Most likely the phone. He told me verizon IS aware of the problem w/ many many customers having this issue along w/ many other issues w/ Droid devices. Acting like they have no clue why this is happening & like there is only a few ppl that are experiencing any problems w/ their  devices. Why not admit & find a way to solve the problem what ever it might be, do the right thing take a loss make their customers happy & keep them as customers.  Make it right by a new phone not a used refurbished or make you pay full retail. Not like they couldnt write off a loss. They just might be getting too big & truthfully cant handle their volume. Can No longer give service like advertisted. GREED! I am w/you... on a mission to get what myself & others pay for. Definitely NOT worn down Yet Verizon!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm on a mission to help set your device right Rsy325! What make and model is your Android device? Where are you located? What type of location is this when you are testing the speeds? Inside your home? How are your speeds in other areas. How did the device perform at the store location? I'm sorry if we are asking questions you may have been asked before. We utilize the same troubleshooting steps and options throughout our support channels via phone, chat, social media and store locations.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Which means what, exactly?

The only recourse shown thus far from Verizon is to upgrade my phones-> and the only reason I'm here is because a Verizon-pushed update on my out-of-warranty XT912's that crippled them.

I'm sure you can d better than that.

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, something new to report. calls to my or my wife's XT912s are being dropped, as in, caller just gets a ring ring ring, never gets voicemail. Calls directly to Verizon home base number come through fine.

I have one line that 'matures 3/14/14, after that, Verizon no longer has me under contract for anything. At that time, I'll be visiting AT&T to get my landline hooked back up and sign up  for four mobile accounts. Where we'll need them, AT&T has enough coverage.

Pretty silly to lose an account over two Verizon-updated-and-jacked-up phones, but that's your company's call.

0 Likes
Rsy325
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something new to repoert on my end also....talked to Motorola about the issues, they are infact aware of all of them. The guy I talked to said they are working on an update to fix then passung to verizon to be accepted,  then will be pushed thru. I then called verizon on my 4g problems which are getting worse by the day. The rep told me it is basically my fault for giving the okay to update from motorola. Motorola told me verizon pushes the updates after being reviewed.  Going into store today to see if I can get a newsim caed. If that doest fix this one problem T-Mobile will get our family's busiess. Like you said earlier No One wants to take fault much less fix problems. Several ppl I know are leaving Verizon, 2 of which are paying early cancelation.  T- molile is actually picking up fee for the 1 who has started service with them. At&t might do that for you also. Check into that. Think this is the start of a giant Co. Dropping to 2nd maybe even 3rd. 

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Epic. When folks were after JellyBean, Verizon gleefully spoke of how their QC was going through it to release to customers, now it's nope, didn't happen. It's an open 'secret', I'm a network guy who runs an IT company, I know this stuff... like how after this debacle, however it turns out, I'll be flashing the Razrs to KitKat and have good running phones again.

So today I'm about done with it, losing business over Verizon for God's sake! Roll through their store, look at the 33% price increase on the Note 3, the $99 S4's, roll on to Staples where they have AT&T & Verizon S4's for a penny. Yeah, a penny. Thought goes through my head if I can't ditch 'em, I'll at least keep $198.98 out of Verizon's pockets. Have wife drive 30 miles (really. 30 miles) to Staples for her phone and get set up. 2 cents +tax +activation fees I'd have to pay anyway. Glitch!

<break> Verizon home base phone rings twice, I pick up, dial tone. Had to call them back just RIGHT NOW!<break>

Moving on, Lo and Behold! Somehow, someway, Verizon says we owe them for a early termination fee from 2012 JUST BEFORE we signed new contracts with these (at the time) new Razrs. How can this be? We talked to USCellular about moving numbers, but Verizon's customer  loyalty dept made us a deal we couldn't refuse so we stayed with them.  I was on my Razr in Staples, 33 minutes into the call being transferred to the Recovery dept and got disconnected. Resist throwing phone through window and go walk parking lot. Come back, try again. This time the guy wants to argue with me, I ask for a Letter of Dispute to be sent to me address, I do not owe them any money, and ask for a supervisor. On hold 15 minutes. No supervisor available, they are helping other callers. Offers to have supervisor to call me back, I refuse. I've also run a tech support in my lifetime, I know if I don't get somebody, I'm screwed. Wait 15 more minutes. Guy refuses to let me hold any more and to expect a call within 24-48 hours from a supervisor. I ask for  name, he gives it, I ask for last name. Against policy. I ask for his employee ID number (did I mention I worked support before?) He gives it up. I apologize to the Staples people for taking their time (they can't believe it, what Verizon says is owed, is less than my monthly payment and here this idiot is going to sign for two more years and Verizon doesn't want his money) and that we were on our way to the Verizon store.

This took 3.5 hours. I missed an appointment with a local radio station. I am not pleased.

Verizon Store: Walk in, greeter asks, I just say 'Manager". Waited about 20 minutes for a manager. He can't find a computer terminal available-> not that it's busy, but Corporate came in and took half their terminals. Another ten minutes. Finally he gets to it and he can't figure it out either so he gets his boss. Double Negative. Dunno, sorry can't help you, you'll have to call.

Now here it is two years later and I can't do another two year contract.

After the call dropped just now, I'm really starting to believe having a home phone with copper lines might be a better idea than Verizon's home wireless. It's like Verizon doesn't want customers, been with them ten years. Awesome.

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

It has been over 24 hours without a return phone call from a Verizon Support Supervisor about my account.

One more day of poor to no service from Verizon. Note the date this post was started-> February 21, 2014

Here it is March 7th, 2014 and no resolution to my issues.

Is there anyone in charge there in Verizon? Is the anyone that can make a command decision and fix these issues? Must we have to go to the Feds for help, the '9 on your side' reporters. just to get attention? You take our money, you are expected to maintain a certain level of service, Verizon is failing.

kfox99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also had issues with calls coming in to my phone, but my phone shows NO activity that a call is coming in and the person goes to voice mail after a few rings. 

What I have been thinking about doing is getting a smart phone from another cell phone provider, and then maybe just paying for a basic calls/texts only phone from Verizon.  Or maybe only a mobile data card from Verizon.  That way, if I'm in an area that the other company doesn't have cell phone coverage, I can connect to the VZ mobile card and still text if needed.  It's ridiculous that it has to come to his, but I'm tired of paying VZ the big bucks for their coverage area but then they are virtually no help at all when you have technical difficulties that are not the fault or you, or even necessarily your phone.

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

29 hours and still nothing from Verizon. Must be busy, eh?

Phone changed back to default ringtone on it's own again.

0 Likes