Last software update cripples Motorola Razrs-> why?
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

We have two Motorola Razrs that since the last update, have been unresponsive, slow, and has issues texting, calling... you know, using your phone as a phone.

Well, chatting with Verizon will get you nowhere, support was unresponsive and said 'sorry'. This is not acceptable to me. I have three lines plus the home phone line with Verizon, been with Verizon for tens years, and this is the response I get?

I consider this theft of service-> I cannot use the service as paid for by me and 'supplied' by Verizon. If Verizon doesn't want to hear it, I have the FCC, politicians, social media, press, etc that will.

I need resolution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Last software update cripples Motorola Razrs-> why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Yeehaw404,

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing with your devices. We definitely want to make sure you're back up and running at 100%! You're business is very important to us, so let's work together and find you the best possible solution.

Which model Motorola RAZR devices do you have? Are they the M, 4G LTE, HD, MAXX? Which software verison are you running now? Does powering the device off and back on change the experience at all? Please keep us posted with the details!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

They are the Droid Razrs 4G LTE 16GB versions.

System version 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US

I really don’t know what to do. I’m missing business calls that go straight to voicemail. I can beat a text sent up the mountain to my wife’s phone (15-20minute trip). I’ve jumped through the hoops with support and safe-mode, reset both devices to factory….

I mean I was with AT&T out in Arizona for many years, only changed to Verizon when we moved to Tennessee due to coverage issues. That was eight years ago.

What can we realistically do?

Dennis

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Another disconcerting habit of these two Razors: standing/sitting/driving and hear some random cell phone going off and discovering its yours. Randomly resets our ringtones too.

explain that please.

Now let's see if this will send (second attempt)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yehaw404, I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've already taken the time to do. Safe Mode and Factory Reset are exactly the right steps to try. If you are still having issues, we may need to take this a step further.

Is there any physical or liquid damage on either of the devices? How long have you had them? They may be covered under your 1yr warranty.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

I have completed the factory reset, to my wife’s dismay, three times to date. SafeMode has no effect. There is no damage, water or otherwise. We have had these devices two years, there is no warranty. These devices were working perfectly before the last maintenance update pushed by Verizon to our phones. That is our sticking point: These phones were working flawlessly before the update, unreliable, slow, (removed) since the update.

Look, I don’t want a discount, I don’t want anything free, we just want working phones.

Here is the situation, we already have three lines and a Verizon home base station.  We had planned on upgrading to Note 3’s, adding another phone line for my daughter, and ‘upgrading’ both with our Razrs. This can no longer be unless we get this problem resolved.  We’ve spent quite a bit of money over the years with Verizon, I’m not understanding why we’re having these issues or why we cannot resolve them.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

So today a client calls and asks if I got their message from yesterday, I did not. Asked them what the answering voice was and they told me it was the generic voicemail, not my company’s voicemail. The voicemail left by my client is nowhere to be found.

So now I have messages from CLIENTS(!) floating somewhere in Verizonland. What did that Verizon-pushed update do to my phone(s)?

This is getting worse.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Yeehaw404!

Let's take a closer look into this! You mentioned that the phone makes sounds randomly. Have you checked your notification settings? Have you downloaded an app recently that may send notifications to your device?

When you mention your ringtones and the device resets them, do you mean that the device changes the ringtones to different ones? Or, do they go back to the default? Please share some details about this, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

No, the phone doesn’t make random sounds, it randomly changes it’s own ringtone.

Scenario: Standing/sitting/driving – you hear a phone ringing – you wonder why somebody doesn’t answer it – and you discover it’s your phone ringing. As in: my ringtone is normally ‘March of the Empire’ and the phone will default to some other ringtone, never the same ringtone.

What I am more concerned about is the ‘direct to voicemail’ calls that have been happening. No ring, bang, there’s a voicemail, and I can be staring at the phone the entire time. Just get a voicemail with no rhyme or reason to the randomness. M clients have been reporting a generic voicemail message where they leave a message instead of my custom message and I never receive it. Today it concerned a $4k check from the state that’s been sitting around since TUESDAY because I never got the message-> I’m just lucky they called back.

Have I mentioned none of this was occurring before the latest Verizon-pushed maintenance update? I’m at my wit’s end here, it’s affecting my business now and I cannot have that.

Would you please find a resolution to these issues? These were excellent phones before the update, horrible Chinese knockoffs after the update.

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

>>Discussion of moderation removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes