Large Smartphones
jro142

Why are the smartphones getting bigger and bigger?  I don't want to buy a napkin dispenser that needs to be charged every 6 hours.  I have one for work.  It sucks.  Why doesn't VZW carry the Sony Xperia Z3 compact or the new tiny phone from Cedar Tree Tech?  If they did, I would buy one in a heartbeat.  Until then, I will continue to stay out of contract until something decent pops up. I might even revert back to a basic phone just to have something that will actually fit in my pocket.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Large Smartphones
Not applicable

Ha ha its because folks want larger screens to view Netflix or YouTube or other media.

Photos and personal videos. Office apps etc.

There is a LG phone on Sprint almost the size of a small tablet.

Its progress

firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Bigger phones are usually better and more powerful, and that's what the majority of consumers want.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

My old HTC one 5, I could hold in my palm and S5 is about the max for easy pocket carry. I was looking at the Note 4 along side my S5 and said no way. Soon they will be in a backpack and weigh 5 lbs.

Not applicable

Just like my first cell phone. It was so big it had to be carried in a rain coat or a brief case.

Not applicable

A phone needing to be charged every 6 hours is broken. Also some of with larger hands and who are also getting older appreciate the larger screen so we can read things and also it's easier to text. By the way they still sell smaller phones.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The large screen on my S5 is easy to read and I love that 21-26 hour battery life. I just don't want the bag phone again. lol

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

maxresdefault.jpg
This was big and heavy, however it was like my best friend at the time. But I don't want to go back, I'll keep my S5.

Not applicable

hope that case was lead lined to protect you form all the radiation that thing put out.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

As heavy as it was it had to be.  The old analog days now VoIP, DATA, high grade voice comms and what's next ?

0 Likes