marcebeto

I am in Argentine. I bought a Samsung S4 Verizon in Miami and can´t use 4G in my country. The option is not available in the menu. Can you help me please? My company tells me that probably it wasn´t be unlocked properly.LTE

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
marcebeto,

Help has arrived! Is the device currently active on a Verizon Wireless account? After reviewing the coverage area, I was able to see that the 4G LTE coverage is not currently available in Argentina. While 4G is not available in this country, there are certain areas that have 3G Voice, Data and Messaging coverage. Are you using a foreign SIM card on the device?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Try going to settings>mobile networks>network mode>change it to LTE/CDMA

0 Likes
marcebeto

Thank you for your reply. The device is not currently active on a Verizon Wireless account. I bought it in Miami and the seller tell me that i can use it in any country of the world because it is unlocked. Since November 2014 4G is available in Argentina (my daughter is using it in another phone). The sim card is an Argentine sim card.

Regards and thank you!!!.

0 Likes
marcebeto

I did it, but without success!!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you did that did you power down, remove the Sim card for a minute, reinstall and power back on?

0 Likes
marcebeto

Yes, I did it. But unfortunately...no success!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you able to compare your daughters settings on her phone to the settings on your phone?

0 Likes
marcebeto

Is another platform (Iphone).

The problem is that i have the option LTE/CDMA but when I select it, appears "Searching for LTE/CDMA" for a long time and then the telephone offers to change to Global mode.

Besides, in the APN's available, i have the option "LTE - Verizon Internet VZWINTERNET", but it is disabled!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

After you change it to LTE/CDMA are you able to shut your phone off and do the sim card pull? When you turn it back on has it switched back to Global?

Your carrier should be able to provide you their APN and you can input it manually. You could check your daughters phone to see if those fields are already filled in and copy it over.

0 Likes