LG v20
jani99

What is the best free Caller ID and spam squasher for LGv20 and Verizon? Does one or the other offer a FREE and simple app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG v20
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jani99, unwanted calls can be a huge annoyance these days. We are here to help provide all the available options to block these types of calls. The first recommendation is to ensure your phone number is registered on the FCC’s do not call list at www.donotcall.gov. You can block numbers for free in your online account using the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/
by selecting “Add Now” under the heading for “Block calls and messages.” Then Verizon offers an additional service called Share Name ID https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/caller-name-id/ that can detect spam calls and prevent the completion of the calls for $2.99 per month. There are many free spam call apps in the Google Play store, but cannot recommend a specific one since they were not tested by Verizon during their creation by a third party. I hope this is beneficial. 

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jani99

1. Your link did not work. I signed in, and it still didn't work.

2. We have kept signing up with the gov's Do Not Call list for much longer

than we've had your service.

2. "You can block numbers for free in your online account" - are you

referring to the info I got upon my search for "free block"? 5 blocks per

line per month? HA! I get 5 spam/telemarket/robo calls EVERY DAY for the

past 3 years! I do not intend to pay an extra $2.99 per month for that. I

frankly think you are CAUSING/ALLOWING unwanted calls to get extra money.

Are you telling me that the exorbitant amount of money we have been paying

you for the past 10+ years is not enough for you to do this without extra

cost?

I have been using an actual free call blocker that works fine. I just

thought that surely you would have an even better, more reliable one.

Thanks for your wonderful information.

Jan

Last name removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:09 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Great news article today regarding this: How to block the annoying robocalls that you keep getting

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jani99, I used to get 10-15 of these calls on a day to day basis, so your need for these calls to come to a halt is more than reasonable.

What you are experiencing are spoofing calls. These calls are coming from hackers who hijack a personal or business line's phone number. This is why some numbers are coming from the area code you are located in. It makes it so people are more willing to pick up these calls. There is a third party switch that every telecommunications company utilizes, and the numbers are processed through the switch for the number to come through and be reflected on your phone. What the hackers do is manipulate the switch, so they can take people's numbers and use them as their own.

One alternate method will be reporting these calls to the FCC. Here is the link to do so: http://spr.ly/6583DdLhl Additionally, the prior representative is correct. We have a service called Caller Name ID. This feature is $2.99 a month, and it will put an automatic spam block and detection on your device. The spoofing calls will not be able to get through to you. Your 10+ years with Verizon is more than appreciated, and I can understand your need for cost-effective options. If you'd like to try it out, the first 10 days will be free. Here is a link to read more about it: http://spr.ly/6584DdLhm Finally, the last step would be not to answer calls that you have not identified. If someone who you don't have registered in your phone book is reaching you, and they have something important to say, they will leave a message. I hope this clarifies your concerns. Do you have any questions about my findings?

AkaneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes